Question about Alphacool Core Distro Plate 240

Hello
Regarding the

Alphacool Core Distro Plate 240​

Question #1:
Can the distro plate be used to run the cooling circuit in parallel for GPU and CPU then rejoin the hot water before it enters the radiator? Or can the distro plate only be used to run the circuit in series (for example: hot CPU water goes into hot GPU)?

Question #2:
Can the distro plate be used horizontally? For example in the Thermaltake case "Divider 200" that can have a horizontal 240 radiator like this:
divider200.jpg

Question #3:
What criteria should be used to pick between the "right sided pump" and the "left sided pump" variants? For example, If I want to mount this distro plate horizontally should I make sure the pump is always as low (close to the floor) as possible?
See this image below: Can the pump work in this orientation (I rotated the image, look at the water levels)? Would this orientation cause the reservoir to malfunction?

1692599652074.png

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1. A parallel river is always a really shitty idea. Water always seeks the easiest path, i.e. the path where there is less resistance. Especially if you want to go through different coolers with different resistances, this will absolutely not work well. Hands off.

2. We have never tried that. The distroplate would have to be filled absolutely full, otherwise air could get to the pump, which is what you want to avoid. The rule here is... try it out.

3. So in your case, of course, the pump should be as deep as possible. Otherwise, we have only made right and left variants because, for example, it looks better when the pump is mounted on the left if you put the distro plate in the front. And it looks better if the pump is on the right when it is placed next to the mainboard. So it's usually a simple visual thing. In your case... you have to see what would fit better, but the pump has to be at the bottom in any case.

I have another question: What exactly is the point of this segment of tubing? Why connect the GPU-outflow into the Distro-block then back into the CPU, when you could instead just plug it directly to the CPU? Is this purely cosmetic? Or are there other advantages/disadvantages to consider?
1692960885623.png
This is why I was very confused about the block maybe having "parallel flow" or something, I saw too many holes on the distro plate and I could not tell where each one goes until I saw this example image.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

this is something how a distro plate is working. You are connecting each component with the distro plate to have a cleaner look and that you don´t have to bend Hardtubes as much.

nezarnet

Hi,

On the same subject, can I link 1 CPU and 2 GPUs to the Alphacool Core Distro Plate 240? if yes how? if not what about the Alphacool Core Distro Plate 360?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you can connect on the distro plates 3 components. If you have more components you have to connect some of them serial, before going back to the distro plate