Question about Alphacool Quick-disconnect QD3-FS10X16-BK

LX255

Hello,

I have 2 of these quick-disconnect fittings, and these are the ones that come with compression fittings for soft tubing attached. When I insert the barb into the tubing, and then go to screw on the compression ring, the problem is that it seems I am unable to completely screw it on to the threads. After getting the compression ring screwed on about halfway down the threads, it just becomes too difficult to continue screwing it on, at least with my bare hands. I imagine if I used a locking wrench I could probably screw it on all the way, but I feel like I should be able to do it with just my hands if it was properly fitting, but I'm not sure. I also don't want to damage or scratch the fittings, since they're not exactly cheap. So my question is, is this normal? Should I be able to completely screw on the compression ring with just my bare hands?

I can also provide a picture of what it looks like with the tubing attached to the fitting, if that would help.

If it matters, the tubing I am using is EKWB ZMT 10/16 soft tubing.

Thank you!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
QD3-FS10X16-BK <- that are Koolance QDCs not our, so please ask Koolance about their producs if you have issues with them ;)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
? No problem. You are not the first who was asking us for help for a product from another brand. Good luck and have a nice weekend. :)