Questions about Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl

FunkZ

I'm looking at the Eisblock Aurora Acryl model 13548 for the 7900XT Ref.

It's not clear to me from the product description or the high-res pics downloaded from the spec page the design detail around the ports on this block. I understand the cold plate is chrome-plated copper, there's a single O-ring seal and an acrylic top. Then it appears that the part of this block where the fittings go is a separate piece of acrylic that is attached to the top using 3 screws? There's also no G1/4 threads apparent in the pics which begs the question how the fittings attach and what they thread into, whether that's acrylic as well or if metal insets are used similar to what holds the cold plate and top together?

Thanks

FunkZ

Thanks for the response Vanzin, so the terminal block is a separate piece and additional O-rings seal it to the top, held attached by 3 screws threaded into the acrylic? The G1/4 fitting threads are also not visible to me in the terminal, are those threads also cut in the acrylic?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

I have marked the threads in my post before. The threads are cut in the acrylic.

FunkZ

Thanks Vanzin. Do you know of any plans to make either the Aurora Acetal block or the Core series with brass G1/4 threads for the AMD Reference XT card? My experience with Acrylic is it is too brittle for stress points caused by metal screws or fittings.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but at the moment is no Core Version for the RX7900XT Reference planned. BUt if you don´t want a acrylic terminal, you can also purchase a Acetal one as spare part.