Rebellion

Cre8 Modding

Moving on with the build we can get a few more parts installed today, first in is the Seagate FireCuda 510 1Tb M.2 NVME drive. This should keep our little system nice and speedy and being M.2, doesn’t take up any additional space within the system. The 510s put out sequential read/write up to 3,450 / 3,200 MB/s and 1.8M hours MTBF, up to 3,600 TB TBW.

20200609-093312.jpg
20200909-135419.jpg

Now the fun can start on the graphics side of things, we will be using the PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil for this build. Its aimed at 1080 and 1440 so this will give us more than enough grunt to get those frame rates and details running high. With the standard air cooler its a no go thanks to the dual reservoirs but that will soon be sorted out. We don't get a backplate with this block so some Dremmeling will be in order.

20200914-181350.jpg

Our blocks for the 5700XT and the 5600XT have also landed from our good friends over at Alphacool along with a couple of other surprises, another mug and a leak tester, thanks Alphacool you really are awesome! Time to strip the 5700XT down and put it on a diet. It really is a lovely looking block from Alphacool, no less than you would expect and yes, there is RGB goodness too.

Package.jpg
Pressure-Guage.jpg
Block.jpg
Fin-Stack.jpg
Red-Devil-5700-XT-Logo.jpg

Stripping down the card was a piece of cake, remove the air cooler and then the backplate can be unscrewed and put to one side, we are going to need this quite soon. You can now see just how much larger the card is with an air cooler on the PCB and as it turns out the backplate gives us a great edge to cut down to while still being able to include the backlit Red Devil logo.

20200917-102903.jpg
20200917-103913.jpg
20200917-104528.jpg

I really need a new Dremel, I’m using an old one I think I go from Woolworths many years ago, its tried to kill me a couple of times now but it has done the job and we have trimmed down the backplate. A quick file and a touch up to the paint of the exposed edge of the plate and we are good to move on.

20200917-104928.jpg
20200917-110650.jpg
20200917-110708.jpg
20200917-114437.jpg
20200917-120721.jpg

And there we have it guys, all blocked up and ready to install. It’s a shame we are not vertically mounting this one, well, not in this build anyway, but its a shame we won’t be able to see much of the block, it really is stunning.

20200917-122857.jpg
20200917-124530.jpg

Next update will bring some changes to the layout slightly, Im just waiting on a few extra fittings to arrive as I have decided to change it up and go with a parallell loop. This will be a first for me but I am always up for trying something new with these builds. Hope you like it so far, catch you soon!

Cre8 Modding

Thanks Metro, finishing it up over the next couple of days as I get chance, video almost done too. Will look for a new camera in the new year, everything is filmed and photos on my Galaxy S9 and I need to raise the bar I think with some new gear to film upcoming projects.

Cre8 Modding

Another project is now complete with the final part of Rebellion now all done. To say this project has been delayed would be an understatement and I am just so happy that it’s finally finished. The final spec on this one is as follows;

• Antec P120 Crystal Case
  • Antec HCG 750W PSU
  • Antec Prizm 120mm Case Fans and Controller
  • Intel 8086K
  • ASUS Z390-H Gaming Motherboard
  • Seagate FireCuda 510 1Tb NVME SSD
  • 16Gb TeamGroup Delta RGB RAM
  • Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT
  • Custom Alphacool Loop inc. 240 and 360mm Radiators
  • Custom 3D Printed GPU mount, Reservoir Holder, cable combs, and Logo Panel

This is the first time I have gone with a parallel loop and I am really pleased with the final look. I wanted to show off the Alphacool GPU block and by going parallel and hiding the runs behind the card has let me really bring it to the front. The PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT, with a cut-down backplate, really sets off the build.

The custom GPU mount and dual reservoir holder add another element to the build, subtle but functional and I think its the little parts on this one that really set it off. These Antec Prizm fans really do push airflow and with both a 240 and 360 radiator, there’s more than enough cooling for the GPU and 8086K. Coolant is all Alphacool show coolant so that will need replacing now the final pics are all done.

I had planned to add in some etched panels but given how it looks I didn’t want to interfere with the view of the dual res from the front of the case, or side panel. Antec did include some LED strips as part of the fan package but its too much, the Prizms provide more than enough RGB on this one. I added in all custom cable combs for the individually sleeved cables and the only part I am not quite happy with is the logo panel. I tried to bring over the ASUS font but I think its missing something, I am not quite sure what but overall it’s a lovely-looking system.

I’ve yet to test this one out as I have been so busy with work but I am sure I will follow it up, Elements of this are going into another build quite soon and so I need to crack on, luckily I now have 3 weeks off so there’s plenty of time for that. As always I am so grateful to all my partners, in particular, Antec and PowerColor on this one, and its a big shout out to them. Initially, Antec sent over the parts for this build before Christmas, and fortunately, PowerColor was willing to join me as I finally started to make some progress.

So that's another one done, hope you followed along, now to leave you with a timelapse of th build and some little pics!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Great job buddy :) As i mentioned before the combination of red and black is killing me ^^ I love it ^^ The GPU block looks beautiful i might go for a similar build in a couple of months :)

Cre8 Modding

Thanks, Metro, pleased you like it!

Go for it! But you might change your mind when you see the air cooled Aston build and decide you want one of those instead :)

Cre8 Modding

If anyone has a valid build on builds.gg, can you please vote for this system for the October Build of the Month, would be really appreciated.