Refill AIO Water Reservoir... Pure Water or Apex?

Gantros

I was dusting out my tower when I noticed that the water cooling reservoir was looking a little low, most noticeable by the fact that condensation drops had appeared on the clear panel. This brings me to my question, what do I refill it with? I understand that it must be a pure water based coolant, but do I get the pure water or the Apex? Also, when refilling, do I need to purge the system of the existing fluid or do I top it off? How would I do this?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

if you want to refill the system you can simply use distilled water. If you want to use a ready to use liquid like our tec Protect 2, you should replace the whole liquid.

I also have a question about the Eisbaer AIO block. It has a miniature Reservoir. It is so small that it is very difficult to fill up. I have heard some people talk of temporarily attaching an "external attachable reservoir for filling up". But I cannot find this product anywhere.

Something like this but with a higher volume capacity perhaps?
1703152791743.png

Is this crazy talk or can it be found anywhere?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

this product is just a filling funnel and not a reservoir. You can add every reservoir to the Eisbaer to make it easier to refill the system, like following article

Gantros

Hi,

if you want to refill the system you can simply use distilled water. If you want to use a ready to use liquid like our tec Protect 2, you should replace the whole liquid.
Ok, but if I were to purge the existing fluid, how do I do that?