Remove rubber gasket Core 1 CPU block

Mac_D

Since august this year (so just a couple of months) I've bin using the Alphacool Core 1 CPU block on my AMD 7950X3D

Last week, there was no flow what so ever in the cooling loop : nothing.
As it turned out, the Core 1 CPU block was fully clogged with rubber snippets, which seemd to be coming from the rubber gasket that ius between the 3D Jetpack and the fins on the cold plate.
So I cleaned the fns on the cold plate with a tooth brush, put the rubber gasket (which was fully deformed by the way) back in place and assembeld everything.
It was working perfect for a couple of days, yet I'm noticing a drop in flow in the loop again (I'm using a Byski tfc-cs-x flow meter)
Going on a guess I think it's the CPU block clogging again with snippets from the gasket rubber.

My question :
Is that rubber gasket between the 3D Jetpack and the the fins of the cold plate really necessary or can it be taken out entirely without any side effects ?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the gasket is necessary. If not placed the water won´t flow as intented and will leak to the sides. Could you please send us a photo of the gasket, so that we can check it?

Mac_D

Hi,

the gasket is necessary. If not placed the water won´t flow as intented and will leak to the sides. Could you please send us a photo of the gasket, so that we can check it?
I'l take a photo of the gasket and place it here when I'm taking the Core 1 apart again.

Mac_D

Hi,

As promised, here are a couple of photos of the rubber gasket.

Just assembled the Core 1 again, and it's close to impossible to correctly place the gasket on the coldplate if it's in this form.
It's close to fully blocking the inlet.

1000010471.jpg

1000010470.jpg

Last edited: