Removing cracked/broken tube from Eisbecher D5 plexi top

Vatharian

I had a structural failure or a tube reservoir, it cracked most likely due to temperature change. Computer has been under constant load had stable high ~50 deg. C liquid temp for several years 24/7/365, and during CPU upgrade, after powering down the computer it cracked and sheared off without anyone touching it.
While tube and cap are lost, the D5 top is in very good shape, but now it's useless because part of the tube with thread is still attached, and I have absolutely no way of gripping it.
Some photos:
Cracked cap:
1694774775302.png
cracked top of the tube on cap end:
1694774828557.png
Sheared off bottom of the tube still screwed on the Eisbecher:
1694774888429.png
The remaining piece is very narrow, can't be grabbed with fingers (I tried), and the edge is very, very sharp (blood tax has been paid). It's also extremely smooth. I tried using chain wrench, with leather, rubber and fabric as means for grip, but it just slips. I do have access to a vice, but I am afraid of cracking the Eisbecher top, and I really, really don't want to damage it, as most likely it can be salvaged and reused. I can't use Dremel to cut it, as I'd most likely cut the thread and made whole thing leak.
Do you have perhaps some ideas or tips how to get it of? It's sitting very firmly, and now, the residue from liquid most likely acting as a glue.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

in this case, the cheapest solution would be to purchase a new reservoir xD. The EIsbecher Series is currenty on sale on our website but if you want to replace the single parts, here are the links for the parts we are offering.

250mm Version:

150mm Version

Unfortunately we don´t offer the bubble down as a spare part. The bubble down will simply fall off after removing the inner small tube, which is also holding the bubble down.

Vatharian

These parts are okay, especially the bubble shield!
I even have a spare tube, but I do lack end cap. The one you have is better than mine (it has 4 ports, which means I can leave fillport connected permanently), so I will order one.

My issue is I can't remove the remnant of the old tube from the eisbecher pump top. It's firmly stuck on the thread and I can't grip it.