Replace Eiswolf Pump with Aurora Terminal to improve flow

Cayan

Hello!

I currently have a GPU Eiswolf block+pump inserted in my custom water loop that already has a D5 pump on it.
Keeping the Eiswolf pump on or off doesn't have any effect on the loop flow or temps.
I just keep the Eisblock Pump on the block because of the LED on the pump that looks great !

I'm wondering if keeping the Eiswolf pump on the block is causing any restriction in the flow...
I see that Alphacool has the Aurora terminal for GPU blocks, that can replace the Eiswolf pump and convert the GPU block to a full custom loop block.

Personally, I like the Eiswolf pump for the looks, but if that causes any restriction in the flow, I prefer to change it.

If I change the Eisblock pump with the Aurora GPU block terminal instead, will that has any impact on the overall flow of my loop?

Thanks

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

if you want to use the Eiswolf terminal I would recommend to let the pump run. If you don´t run the pump it is a restriction in the loop and the water flow will be lowered but even this would be possible. Alternative you can also replace the terminal to change the Eisblock 2 to a normal Eisblock Aurora.

Cayan

So, to clarify... The Eiswolf pump, on or off, will put a restriction in my flow... The Aurora terminal is a better option !
Is that correct?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

when the pump is on, it wouldn´t put any restriction to the loop. Only when the pump is off.