Rossi - Moto GP Build

Cre8 Modding

I've been a fan of Moto GP for as long as I can remember, the racing is close and fast, and I have witnessed some incredible highs and lows over the years. I have watched Valentino Rossi go from rookie to a multiple world champion, he's one of the all-time greats and t's been fantastic to watch over the years.

One stand-out moment was probably Valencia, 2009. It was Rossi Vs Lorenzo and it came down to the final lap, arguably the best final lap we have ever seen in Moto GP., in case you missed it:

So there's a passion of mine and then there's Antec, well they do make a bike-style case don't they? Yes, people, this will be a Torque build, they have obviously been done before but now, it's my turn!

A massive thank you to Antec, this has been so delayed it's beyond stupid, my apologies to them for that but now, finally, we can start!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

One of the first things I have cracked on with is getting the GPU sorted out. MSI kindly sent over one of their RTX 2080 Super Gaming Trio X cards for use on this and a couple of other projects I have lined up. Once again I partner with Alphacool for the cooling and so it was straight on to getting the backplate painted.

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

Time for another update, and time to get this project coming along. The first order of the day is a huge thank you to Alphacool for their continued support. We already have the GPU mounted but for the rest of the main cooling parts we have got 2x 360mm ST30s, XPX Aurora Plexi CPU block, VPP655 pump, and tube reservoir. Il be going with their chrome fittings for this build I think as they seem to fit it well.

[IMG]

The motherboard, RAM, CPU, and GPU are installed for testing the final layout, I am not 100% if I will be going vertical or horizontal on this one. Our tube reservoir "exhaust" is also mounted for a test fit, I will be changing out the mount I think for either a metal clamp or a 3D printed alternative.

[IMG]

The radiators are also in, so it's now time to figure out the loop and a few other details. Our PSU and fans are on their way too so that's going to be for the next update. I'm also deep into sorting out the livery design, still a few bits to figure out but I am debating having the whole black part of the chassis hydro dipped in a nice carbon effect.

Cre8 Modding

Not so much progress today, still figuring out the loop and other ideas but here's some more shots of the build so far.

The 10920X is installed and I will be using the CPU block from my Pastel DX build, the trim will be getting a new coat of paint. I'm toying with a vertical GPU mount, mainly to show off the lovely details of the MSI 2080 Super, it looks fantastic on the Alphacool block!.

The X299-Deluxe II looks amazing in the Antec Torque, I am really tempted to custom paint the shrouds but if I end up using it for another build down the line, it's going to need another coat at some point to match a future design, we will sleep on this idea.

Our RAM has been de-stickered, just to keep it nice and clean. With that installed and the CPU block, it's looking a lot brighter inside the case. You may notice I have also dropped the GPU down a slot to open it up, there is still so much room and with it all being black there's potential to paint the interior motherboard tray and a couple of other details too. Again, I won't be rushing into this, really want to make sure this turns out perfect!

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

With some test fitting of components done to give me an idea of the layout, it's time for a small update.

My friends over at Seagate were kind enough to send over 2 FireCuda 510 NVME SSDs for the build. These are M.2 2280 double-sided, PCIe Gen3 ×4, NVMe 1.3 with reads of up to 3,450 MB/s and writes of up to 3,200 MB/s. They have also sent over their largest capacities, both at 2TB!

Given the open design of the Torque, fewer cables are certainly going to help me with a clean aesthetic come the finish line, and going with full on board for storage means there are no extra power or data cables that I will have to deal with.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Next, it's time to strip everything right down for paint, this is going to take a little while to complete!

I won't share my draft layout for the build, I don't want to give it all away at this point but, as you can see from the images below, and, if you know your Moto GP, then you should know the model year of the M1 I am basing this build on!

For those who are not that familiar with Moto GP, here's the actual bike I am basing this on.

[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

The plan will be to get the main parts of the chassis painted and then stenciled up for painting the decals. Now, I am no paint expert so forgive me, I don't even own an airbrush so this might not be up to some of the talented artists out there but I am fairly confident that it's going to turn out quite well.

More coming soon, the power supply and fans just dropped. There will also be a change to the cooling, swapping out chrome for black fittings and as for the radiators, the 30mms just don't cut it so Alphacool is kindly sending over some of their NeXXos 60mm monsters...in white
:)

Cre8 Modding

Since our motherboard for this build is here, I decided to give it a little unboxing. The build is coming along, with a few setbacks in terms of the paint but overall its coming together. I have decided to swap out the Alphacool CPU block for their black version and I am hoping to get a project log video up soon.

Cre8 Modding

Part of this build has featured in Aprils edition of Maximum PC, my first article for them so super excited to see this!

[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

Ive just grabbed a new camera, the Panasonic G100 for all my future videos and pics. I want to start spending some more time behind the camera to get used to being on screen and would love to bring you gorgeous lot in.

I would like to do a Q and A, ask me anything about my projects, modding etc, just really anything to give me some time to relax and get used to being behind the camera to hopefully, make future videos better.

Would really appreciate your input, stay safe all.

Cre8 Modding

Quick project update, the torque is coming along quite nicely now with the replacement rads installed, fans, hard lines almost done and the new exhaust!

Cre8 Modding

Well, it's been a while eh? The Moto GP build has been put on hold for a number of reasons, but it's finally time to come back to it and get moving. 2021 was a manic year for me and with other commissions and builds, this one got pushed to the side, so much so that Rossi has now even retired. With 2022 fresh, it's time I caught up with some of my personal builds but this one needed to go right back to the beginning.

My paintwork is, well, ok, ish. But after having the Intel Gamer Days build powder-coated, I decided to treat this build to the same full paint job. The whole system was covered in dust and needed stripping right down so I could send the case parts away, and now they are back ready to get cracking! The finish is beautiful on this and the RAL colour match is perfect for the theme of the build, being the 2010 M1 Yamaha.

[IMG]

With all the parts back, it's time to get the case built back up, and the difference the powder coating makes is beyond amazing.

[IMG]

There are some slight changes coming along the way from the original build, first up is a change of CPU block going with the Alphacool XPX Auroura Pro. It's a better-looking block than the black solid one in the second part of the build log.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Monsta rads didn't fit first time round, and so Alphacool were kind enough to send over 2 45mm versions, however, for the rebuild I have managed to cram one of the Monstas in with a 45 to the front of the case.

[IMG]

The cables for this are from my good friend Michael Sheppard, To The Wire Mods, they are amazing and given they have spent the best part of a year in the box, its finally time to start threading them into this beast of a case, and they are perfect for the build!

[IMG]

So I am pretty much back to the point where the build was at a year ago, albeit with some improvements to the overall system. There's still a whole load of things I want to change but for now, at least, this system is getting the love it deserves!

[IMG]

Cre8 Modding

Well, the build is sort of coming along, most of the decals are now applied, here's another teaser!

Now, some things arent going well, the motherboard has decided it doesn't want to play and so ASUS are currently sorting a replacement to finish off the build. As soon as it lands il get another update out!

Cre8 Modding

Well, here it is guys, finally done!

Im so pleased with how this one turned out in the end, sure there were some problems along the way, and it's truly been a long old ride on this one!

Full Spec:
Case - Antec Torque
Motherboard - ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU - Intel 10920X
Memory - TeamGroup Delta DDR4 RGB
Storage - Seagate FireCuda 510 NVME 2x 2TB
GPU - MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
Cable - Custom TTW
PSU - Cooler Master V850 White
Fans - Cooler Master MF120 Halo White
Cooling - Custom Alphacool loop
Custom powder coating
3D printed custom exhaust bracket
3D printed custom replacement front display panel featuring Valentino Rossi "46"
Custom decals
X299 OLED display custom animation

Hope you like it, let me know!