RTX 2080 super - Nvidia keeps releasing pointless GPUs ?

Shypax

so far all the reviews and articles that has come out today all tells the same story, that 2080 super is basically matched by a 1080ti OC , is this not obvious to Nvidia or whats going on ?

Nauman

Have yet to take a look at the graphs. Price to performance may be the focus with the Super cards!

Shypax

but $700 for a gpu that does 4-9% better than 2080 , and is still on par with a 1080ti that doesnt sound like price to performance to me .

Matheus

I think it would be ok to substitute the standard rtx for the super model with the same price, but nvidia is forcing basically the same gpu with negligible improvement as a new technology, at least as i'm seeing

Shypax

I think it would be ok to substitute the standard rtx for the super model with the same price, but nvidia is forcing basically the same gpu with negligible improvement as a new technology, at least as i'm seeing
yeah thats my point, they keep releasing "new" gpus which is basically just not undercut version of the 2080 normal ... so they on purpose imo gimped the 2080 from the first launch to release this shit later on just to fuck people over and seem like they bring something new and exciting .

JAUMZORD

They should just create cheap cards for my brazilian friends to buy XD