Rx 5700 xt with GPX-A PRO M01 high memory Temps

Timon

So I've installed the GPX PRO M01 on my reference rx 5700 xt and im happy with the cooling performance exept for the memory temps i ran some benchmarks and I hit 90C on my memory I want to ask if this is normal or is it not right installed so if any1 can help pls do
bye

davido_labido

Prolongued benchmarks can be brutal to memory, but your tempretures are within spec from AMD, so you won't see any problems.

You may want to try re-sitting the waterblock and ensuring that the thermal pads are making contact though as our findings do generally show lower temps, however, I personally haven't tested the 5700 XT, so I am not 100% sure.

Timon

thanks i did that and memory temps are better but when i start a benchamark like furmark my die hot spot went to 90 but just in that benchmark

davido_labido

Hmmmm, it would seem there is something not allowing correct contact, or maybe thermal paste on the GPU needs reapplying. It is very unusual for the GPU die to hit high tempretures with our waterblocks.

Timon

It wasnt till i remounted the block and applyed more pressure so memory gets cooled better. Also it only happens in Furmark no other Benchmark like Superstitions or even the Build in AMD GPU stress test

davido_labido

Furmark is more of a torture test than a benchmark in all honesty. They even have a disclaimer saying it can damage cards. Having said that, I personally use it when trying to show cooling performance.

Do you have good airflow for the radiators and sufficient radiator space? Is it a slow creep to 90 degrees, or is it instant?

davido_labido

Ok, I would try one last refit then and if that doesn't help at all, I would suggest emailing us at info@alphacool.com to see if they have any additional information for you.

Ideally, the mem temps want to be under 100 degrees and the GPU core should be around 10 - 20 degrees above your ambient temps.

Timon

yeah core is around 40 to 55 and memory is around 50 to 65 core only gets to like 70 in really heavy games maybe u can look at my other post and help me there to