Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT Eisblock GPX Aurora memory temps

skyhawk

Heyo,

So I've got this block installed on my Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT. Overall, I'm delighted with the performance. GPU/Hotspot and Power Delivery temps are all great

Memory temps not so much. They'll hit high 80s under load, mid-90s under Furmark, and 100 while Ethereum mining - that's a new Worst Case thermal workload for me!

Based on previous threads here, I presume replacing the supplied memory thermal pads will improve this, but disassembling this system is a pain in the ass and I don't want to do it more than once, hence:

Has anyone else corrected issues like this in the past, and if so can you advice the correct products to buy? The documentation indicates that all pads included with the block are 1mm thick. Assuming that's thick enough (Haven't disassembled to look for compression) then I would expect any high-conductivity 1mm thick pads to be suitable. Does anyone know the W/mk of the included pads?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Problems are not known here. You have to dismantle the radiator to check the contact pressure. This will show whether there is an assembly error or whether other thermal pads must be used. Please send photos to info@alphacool.com. Our support will then inform you about the further procedure.