Several pre-purchase questions for Eiswolf 2 AIO

Driftnasty240

Hello, I am planning to purchase the Eiswolf 2 AIO for my RX 6800 XT reference. I have a few questions that I haven't found exact answers to.

1. How long is the warranty on the Eiswolf 2?
2. Expected life?
3. Recommended fluid change/flush intervals?
4. If changing or adding coolant, what is the recommended fluid and any additives?
5. Is there a fill port for adding coolant, or is it done another way?
6. Are there any resources available (like videos, etc) for the process related to filling/adding coolant? Would I need accessories or special tools?
7. Is aquatuning.us an authorized retailer for Alphacool? If not, where should I purchase?
8. Are there plans for a 280mm version?

Hopefully that is it, just wanted to post everything at once so as not to create clutter. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of these.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, enclosed are the answers to your questions:

1. 2 years
2. With good maintenance and care, it will probably last for many years, but of course there is no exact expiry date ;-)
3. There are no fixed intervals here. You should check the fluid level at regular intervals. If there is a lack of liquid, you have to fill it up with distilled water. This is done via the fill port of the radiator. If the cooling performance decreases, you must clean the system and refill it (f.e. Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml or Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear)
4. see point 3
5. A fill port is located on the radiator
6. I don't know of any how-to videos yet. Accessoires: Alphacool Apex filling funnel G1/4"
7. Aquatuning is our trade partner, so it´s ok ;-)
8. a 280mm version is not planned

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask ;-)

Driftnasty240

Hi, enclosed are the answers to your questions:

1. 2 years
2. With good maintenance and care, it will probably last for many years, but of course there is no exact expiry date ;-)
3. There are no fixed intervals here. You should check the fluid level at regular intervals. If there is a lack of liquid, you have to fill it up with distilled water. This is done via the fill port of the radiator. If the cooling performance decreases, you must clean the system and refill it (f.e. Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml or Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear)
4. see point 3
5. A fill port is located on the radiator
6. I don't know of any how-to videos yet. Accessoires: Alphacool Apex filling funnel G1/4"
7. Aquatuning is our trade partner, so it´s ok ;-)
8. a 280mm version is not planned

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask ;-)

For cleaning, would I just shake and rinse the radiator with distilled water several times, and then run distilled water briefly to clear the block? And then refill with a coolant you mentioned after another rinse?

Also, does the coolant have a shelf life? If I bought a bottle or two now, would it be fine when I needed it in the future?

Again, sorry for so many questions, relatively new to water cooling. Thanks again for your time.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
For cleaning, would I just shake and rinse the radiator with distilled water several times, and then run distilled water briefly to clear the block? And then refill with a coolant you mentioned after another rinse?
thats the way!
Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml or Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear have no expiry date per se. They consist of highly pure osmosis water that has been freed of all pollutants. Contamination by bacteria, fungi and algae is nearly impossible. With proper storage, both products should have a very long shelf life. But one bottle should be enough for the start.