Shadow Base 800 Strix Edition

Cre8 Modding

It's been a while, so it's time to crack on with another mod!

I'm returning to modding after a bit of a break, so my friends over at be quiet! are kindly sending me a whole load of goodies to start with. This build is going to be based around the all-new Shadow Base 800 FX black edition, Straight Power 12 1000W, and a whole load of Light Wings fans. To pair this up, Intel is also supplying a 13900K, and hopefully, TeamGroup, a long-term sponsor of mine, is sending memory and storage, TBC at this time. I would normally go with Seagate storage but my usual contact is off, with them also ceasing all modder-related activity, boohoo Seagate, it was fun while it lasted, and I will always be grateful!

So what hardware in terms of GPU and Motherboard am I going for? Well, I have fancied doing a Strix-themed build for a while and I am still waiting to hear from ASUS on some logo artwork stuff. Sadly I don't think they will be on board in terms of hardware for this build. I am leaning towards a Z690-E, or Z790-E for this, paired with an RTX 4070ti Strix, or a 4080 Strix. I am running a new sim racing channel over at YouTube so this will become a daily driver, literally, for that and the workload involved, plus those boards have great I/O with a GPU capable of 4K60 for what I am putting out. Since I started modding back in 2019 on a serious level, ASUS is the one hardware manufacturer that I have had no issues with, everything just works and while some parts commend premium prices, I cannot fault my experiences down the line. From a GTX 670, to a 770, a 970, to a 1070, and beyond, their GPUs have always delivered for me personally.

Originally I was looking at an air-cooled build, be quiet! are sending over a new Elite cooler, but with Alphacool being a great supporter of mine this far, I am hoping we could maybe go for a dual loop system as it starts to come to life. Yes, moderators and staff I am looking at you right now :)

The first job then is getting the case and other bits here, take a look, and see what can be potentially moded for what I have in mind. When it all lands I will grab some pics to plonk here, but for now, it's a little bit of waiting and then some planning before moving forward with what I hope will be something a little different, with some nice colours to match. NOt to mention figuring out the budget for the motherboard and GPU.

Stay tuned guys, this one will be fun!