Smudges within the front plate?

Fred99

Hello

There appears to be a bunch of smudges / grime between the the two pieces that make up the front plate. Note: to be clear (excuse the pun) not between the front plate and backplate but within the front plate itself. I.e. smudges / grime within the preassembled front plate.

Is it safe to disassemble the front plate to clean out the smudges / grime? I am worried that it might not be safe to do so as it looks like the screws on the front plate go directly into the acrylic and I don't know if those threads are meant to be reused? Would the o-rings be OK if the front plate is disassembled? Note: this is on a brand new waterblock (i.e. the smudges / grime were there when the waterblock arrived).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Alphacool Grime.JPG
    Alphacool Grime.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 14

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, if the cooler is new, please do not open it on your own, as this will void your warranty. Please contact our support via email info@alphacool.com, link to this article and send 2 more meaningful pictures. It would be helpful if you could mark your problem on the pictures, as I can't really see the problem on the picture here. Sorry

Fred99

I have received the replacement unit, but it has the same issues. Smudges / grime between the two plates and a lot of scratches. Please help!

Attachments

• Pic1_orig_green_mark_up.JPG
    Pic1_orig_green_mark_up.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 11
  • Second Waterblock.jpg
    Second Waterblock.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 10

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hey, no explaining why. So far we have no problems with the finish of the cooler! It's a bit stupid, but I have to ask you again to contact our support. (Email, info@alphacool.com)