Stability/Temp issues on Nitro+ XTX card/block

Zepticon

Hi
I recently put together my cooler build, and i am experiencing some stability issues that i find very strange.
My setup is EK parts for aesthetic reasons, with the Alphacool Core Nitro GPU block. I have a 7800X3D and a 7900 XTX Nitro+ (Silent bios setting).
The card has a Kryosheet and the alphacool thermal pads. I also tightened the screws pretty hard given the Kryosheet.

The GPU is sitting at around 300W power draw at max in the silent bios setting and im logging this:
GPU temp: 50 C
Junction temp: 66 C
VRAM temp: 74 C

If the temps go any higher than this, the card crashes and takes the entire OS (Linux) with it.
I can keep gaming for several hours as long as i keep the mem temp under 70C, but if i force it up to above 74 it crashes.
It ran on stock cooling without issues before the watercooling setup, so i am a bit worried what is wrong to cause this crashing and i am not even using the 420W overclock bios.

I find this very strange, given that the "normal" temps for this card is supposed to be much higher.
Just a quick google search says the card should be able to go to this before anything happens:
GPU temp: 65 C
Juction temp: 90 C
VRAM temp: 90 C

I have not taken the card apart yet for physical troubleshooting as i dont have any replacement thermal pads.
So are there any ideas to what can cause this, or similar experiences out there?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

From your temperatures I can´t see any problem. Did you check, if the GPU is sitting correctly in your PCI-E Slot? Did you update or installed the driver of your GPU again?

Zepticon

I made some adjustments to the fan speeds, and i have not seen any crashes since then. It could be that my "silent" mania resulted in to little airflow in the case even if the water temps was fine, causing either RAM or the SSD to crash. In any case i have not been able to reproduce it after bumping fan speeds from 600 to 1000rpm. The XTX alone is using as much power as my entire previous computer so case heat is new to me.