Suggestions for simple CPU+GPU loop please

Chrispy_

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the simplest option is for watercooling a 2080FE as quietly as possible, and since I'm at it I may as well add my 3900X into the loop.

I'd like to run a slim 140mm and slim 360mm radiator - I think that'll be enough to cool both (I'm not overclocking, so we're talking 350W at most)

Could you please recommend the parts I need, and whether it's worth buying everything separately or better to add a waterblock and extra radiator to something like the Eissturm?

I don't care about RGBLED, black or clear parts are just fine - I'm more concerned about noise levels and value for money.

Many thanks!

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Chrispy_

Unfortunately, I do not now know exactly which housing you have in terms of your space. Regarding the GPU coolers, the FE is included in the ones I link, but unfortunately I'm not exactly sure.

I'll do two categories. The third option would be to buy all parts individually.

Once the lightest variant, namely two AIOs that can be easily connected. With this variant you have two pumps in the system and a little more radiator area. Since you no longer need it here, this would be the cheapest and easiest option.

The Eisbaer for the CPU without RGB
CPU AIO Wasserkühlung Alphacool Eisbaer! High End! Silent! | Eisbaer | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The Eiswolf for the GPU without RGB
Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti (2070/2080 Super) - Black M02 | -- NEUE PRODUKTE -- | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The Eisbaer for the CPU with RBG
Erweiterbare Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora CPU AIO Wasserkühlung mit Kupfer Radiator! | Eisbaer | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The Eiswolf for the GPU with RGB
Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti (2070/2080 Super) - Black M02 | Eiswolf | Eiswolf | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

And the second, would be from the Eissturm set and the other parts you need.

Alphacool Eissturm Gaming Copper 30 3x120mm - Komplettset | Eissturm | Sets & Systeme | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The 120mm Radiator
Wasserkühlungs Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS 120 mm | Radiatoren aktiv | Radiatoren | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The GPU Block. It depends on which one you like better.

Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti M02 (2070 & 2080 Super) - mit Backplate | -- NEUE PRODUKTE -- | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acryl light für die Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti M02 (2070 & 2080 Super) - mit Backplate | Nvidia Fullsize | Grafikkarten Wasserkühler | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti FE (2070 & 2080 Super) | Eisblock GPX | Grafikkarten Wasserkühler | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The Fitting. You need 2 pieces per component. So 2 for the second radiator and 2 for the GPU block. In turn, it depends on which, on the one hand, a nicer hose guide is possible.

The straight lines
Alphacool Eiszapfen 13/10mm Schraubtülle G1/4 - Deep Black | Anschlüsse 13/10 | Anschlüsse | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The angled
Alphacool Eiszapfen 13/10mm Schraubtülle 90Grad drehbar G1/4 - Deep Black | Anschlüsse 13/10 | Anschlüsse | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

The Water
Wasserkühlung Kühlflüssigkeit Kelvin Catcher Clear | Eiswasser | Kühlflüssigkeiten | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

With the second or third variant, you have to rinse the individual components with distilled water to remove any production residues.

I hope I was able to answer your questions, but if you have any further questions, just get in touch.

Best Regards

Chrispy_

Thanks, I hadn't considered joining two AIOs. I'm guessing that you have the insurance of two pumps then and a single pump failure isn't quite such a disaster.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Chrispy_

That would be a reason. The built-in DC-LT pumps do not deliver as large a flow rate as a DDC or D5, but that is no longer as important with today's coolers. The main reason is that people who have little or no experience with water cooling have an easier way to get started, especially since you don't have to assemble it, let alone fill it.

Best Regards

Chrispy_

My experience in watercooling is so out of date that my last custom loop was in 2002!

How noisy are the DC-LT pumps compared to, say, a D5?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Chrispy_

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any exact decibel values. But I have installed the Eisbaer at families and friends and have also started with this myself, but meanwhile I have installed a VPP755 which is based on D5 (runs on level 2). And I neither hear the VPP nor have I noticed the DC-LT, even when I hold my head as close as possible. You can hear the fans or the HDDs better.