third party compatability with alphacool

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Cyber MageKnight

I would personally advise against such a cooler. Firstly, the cooler is made of aluminum, and the Alphacool components are mostly made of copper (or nickel-plated). However, aluminum and copper react with each other and this can be fatal for the water cooling system.
second is the description more than trustworthy (sarcasm), inner tube diameter 4cm, outer 6cm?

Alphacool is already asking for a water cooler for m.2 ssd's, but it has to be connected via PCie, I'll link the product.

I hope I could help.
Best Regards

Cyber MageKnight

there is a problem this is for an itx build i dont have enough pcie slots i need to mount the ssd cooler directly to the ssd on the system board as its the only solution that will fit

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you use that aluminium cooler with copper parts..... and normaly all water ooling parts are made of copper.... good luck, you will destroy your loop. The reaction between copper and aluminium is, the aluminium will dissolve completely over time.

Lucid

there is a problem this is for an itx build i dont have enough pcie slots i need to mount the ssd cooler directly to the ssd on the system board as its the only solution that will fit
I saw this listed on Aquatuning but it's out of stock. Found it on the manufacturer website though. I believe it's nickel plated copper!

Specifications

• Drive:M.2 SSD
  • Material: Electroplated Copper / Acrylic
  • Color:Clear
  • Thread:G 1/4
Included Parts

• 1x M.2 SSD Water Block (Top Block and Bottom Mount Plate)
  • Assembly Screws
  • Thermal Material
1608793611243.png
1608793625723.png