Thread issues

GuntherMSI

I have a big complaint about the Eisbear 360mm water cooler.
Before installing coolers, I always check the holes and the threads where the screws are mounted. In the cooler I purchased, one hole has been overpainted and lacks the necessary thread. Now, I have to purchase additional tools to tap M3 threads into that particular hole, which is not a cheap solution. Do you not have quality controls in place? This is causing a significant waste of time. EK doesn't seem to have these problems; all the holes are pre-tapped to avoid such issues. What can be done to address this situation? This is a manufacturing problem, and if I have to send this cooler back, I won't pay for the transport fees.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

please write a mail to info@alphacool.com if you want to start a RMA. Don´t forget to attach a invoice copy. Please also note, if you didn´t purchase it directly from us and you are not living in the EU, you have to contact the reseller regarding a RMA complain.

GuntherMSI

I took care of it, because this system has to be delivered Friday, like I said I have no time to waste. But please consider some quality controls in your (especially) coolers. These bolts are a critical connection. Thanks.