Threadripper 3960x + EVGA rtx 2080ti XC, Eiswolf 2 + upcoming Icebaer for tr4?

arireisner

Hello,

I am currently building a new workstation with a Threadripper 3960x + EVGA rtx 2080ti XC. I'm wondering if the Eiswolf 2 + upcoming Icebaer for tr4 (for full coverage) would be ideal. Suggestions?

Danke

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The Threadripper AIO will have a release in january 2021. But like Tived told you, you can use the XPX Pro CPU coolers together with the Eisbaer Extreme. You can also build a small DIY loop with some parts very easy.

Tived

Hi,
I am sitting with two Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 - one full unit and one SOLO and a bunch of extension quick release. (Two is better then one, they say ;-) LOL)
Alphacool Eisbaer 280 Extreme - two units.PNG
its a beast - very impressive in every way! the challenge will be to fit it, - I think the hard part is that we each have different cases, and looking at your case Phanteks P600

your width is only 146 to 148mm top and front - you need at least 157mm - see below
1606352740597.png

I would add a millimeter to the width - make it 157mm or 6 3/8in
Alphacool Eisbaer 280 Extreme - dimensions.PNG

I don;t know if you already have the case, but a Define 7 Xl or bigger would be better suited - I will let you know soon'ish when it all comes together for me, still tweaking and haven't installed the coolers yet!

I hope this helps

good luck

arireisner

Hi,
I am sitting with two Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 - one full unit and one SOLO and a bunch of extension quick release. (Two is better then one, they say ;-) LOL)
View attachment 1879
its a beast - very impressive in every way! the challenge will be to fit it, - I think the hard part is that we each have different cases, and looking at your case Phanteks P600

your width is only 146 to 148mm top and front - you need at least 157mm - see below
View attachment 1881

I would add a millimeter to the width - make it 157mm or 6 3/8in
View attachment 1878

I don;t know if you already have the case, but a Define 7 Xl or bigger would be better suited - I will let you know soon'ish when it all comes together for me, still tweaking and haven't installed the coolers yet!

I hope this helps

good luck

Thank you so much for this information, super helpful! I have not pulled the trigger on purchasing the P600S yet because I'm trying to make sure all of the components will fit before buying them so that I don't need to return things unnecessarily. I will look for a larger case that's at least 158mm wide. I am more interested in airflow than looks, so will probably seek a mesh front case. I do love Fractal Design though and my current build is in a Meshify-C.

Tived

You are most welcome
It’s a steep learning curve at least for me. I have been help by others here which has been really good.

you may be similar to myself that we are looking for an efficient way to cool, we want better than average and I hope this solution will offer this. It’s plug’n’play but also offers expansion later as we mature in confidence and our requirements develop.

and I am so happy there are no flashing lights here

good luck and keep us updated on your progress and keep asking questions

arireisner

This forum is very helpful indeed. I have been building computers for many years and have used aio solutions before, but still have not yet but a proper diy cooling system, so this will be my first step in that direction. I'll keep you posted once I have the Eisbaer Extreme + Eiswolf 2 mounted and operational.

Tived

Hi Arireisner,

I managed to fit both Extreme 280’s into the define 7 XL, but not without making a mistake and cutting into the case the wrong place.

I overlooked that I needed 7-10mm spacers to make it align to the rails and screw holes. The fill point doesn’t align, so I had to cut into the case.

both are in and connected in a loop for the CPU, with room for the XL-ATX motherboard too - I believe that the case is E-ATX rated only.

i just need to test it in the case.

henrikF45AFD93-83BB-48DC-93F5-48FEF3E78C2A.jpeg

Last edited:

arireisner

Thank you for reporting that back Henrik. I ended up purchasing the Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL which is quite substantially large enough to house the EisBaer Extreme, and although I am still waiting for the Eiswolf 2 to arrive, I can tell that it will easily fit on the front of the case with extra room for an additional fan (at least a 120mm possibly 140mm).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-140509__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-140509__01.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 18