Tpv 12.7 7.6mm tubing and the straight brass fittings

Wojalee

Hi,
When I screw on the compression collar of the fitting it tends to grab and twist the tubing around which is fine for the first component but not when I'm connecting it to another component. Is there a way to do it properly that I am missing out on such as putting a bit of water out oil on the outside of the tubing before screwing on the compression collar?

Also what's the best way to remove the fitting from the water blocks as there doesn't seem much to grab onto after you take off the collar. Pliers seem to scratch the paint or damage the thread.

jkoyr

I use TPV tubes exclusively and I found that soaking the ends in warm water for a few seconds makes them extremely easy to insert to the fittings and then screw the compressing part .... I think the max temp tolerance for TPV is around 125 C .

Wojalee

I use TPV tubes exclusively and I found that soaking the ends in warm water for a few seconds makes them extremely easy to insert to the fittings and then screw the compressing part .... I think the max temp tolerance for TPV is around 125 C .
Thank you!

Wojalee

I tried again today with the warm water and even warm soapy water but the fittings still grab the tubing to the point that when I tighten them it ends up unscrewing the fitting on the other side of the tubing.

Are you using the metal fittings or the nylon ones? I think I might need to get the nylon ones, they seem much easier to screw on if they're anything like the nylon fittings on the quick release fittings.

jkoyr

Yeah I use the nylon ones . They have a small dented brass ring so that they retain better the tube (it's virtually impossible to separate them once tighten) and much easier and safer to use . I also use some brass 90 degree angle fittings but they are also very easy to fit the tube and tighten the compression nut . If your trouble is the CPU block fitting unscrewing , try the radiator side first , then fit the CPU block ones ...

davido_labido

The metal fittings are a lot harder to use than the nylon ones unfortunately. The metal ones were made for industrial use and have a far tighter tolerance than the Nylon ones. We are looking into this as it seems that it can be an issue for customers (like yourself) and obviously we want fittings to be easy to use.