TPV Extension Tubes/Fittings

Lucid

Hello. I have here in my hand the Alphacool TPV Extension Set. How do I take off the fitting? Do I use a wrench or pliers to unscrew it?

Lucid

I can't figure out how to take it off. I was thinking of getting more of the12.7/7.6 TPV tubing and a bunch of TPV fittings because I like how compact they are, but I'm not sure if it will work for me if I can't take them on and off as needed. I'm worried. If I buy the 12.7/7.6 TPV fitting sets and the12.7/7.6 tubing, then I assemble for the loop... I'm worried that I won't be able to take the fittings off afterwards and re-use them with a different length of tubing.

When using the spanner I have no way to hold it still to get the torque needed to unscrew the fitting from the tubing. I tried connecting it to a GPU block to hold it still but then quickly realized that was dumb as I was just using the spanner to disconnect it from the GPU block.

Is there a secret way to disassemble it? I was hoping the two Eisbaer Auroras I bought would be more customizable with being able to add other TPV fittings/change tubing length/change to push in quick disconnects if I wanted... and also being able to use these 90 degree TPV fittings in small spaces in the case as they are more compact than the HF fittings.

Please if someone has one can you try and take one apart and see what I mean?

Maybe I have to abandon my dream of the thinner and more compact TPV 12.7/7.6 and go with 16/10 instead. I was really hoping that I could have an interchangable modular ecosystem (compatible with Eisbaer/Eiswolf Aurora) that I use for all my PCS, both full size and mini ITX. Thinking of buying the following instead now:

Would these fittings work with the 16/10 TPV?

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Lucid

Yes, it is very difficult for the TPV hoses to come off the fittings. If you want to extend the hoses, you have to get them down.
If you have a sharp utility knife / scalpel, you can easily cut the length of the part of the hose that is on the fitting. But be careful, if you cut into the fitting it is leaking. And then pull off the fitting with a twisting motion.

Best Regards