Tubular reservoir cracking...

Integr8d

I’ve had p/n: 15233 installed in my loop for about a year now. There’s a D5 vario and 2x 360mm Monsta’s keeping a zen2 chip and 2080Ti under control. Fans are old Gentle Typhoon AP-14’s. I’m guessing it’s the Nvidia chip that’s contributing to most of the heat...

Anyway, I noticed, about 2 months after finishing the loop, that I was losing a tiny amount of water. It was super slow and I attributed it to bubbles working their way out (my arrangement is 1x vertical and 1x horizontal with everything in series). About six months in, I definitely needed to add some water to the loop. So it’s been recurring. But nothing super alarming, “OMG! My computer’s going to fry!!!” I was able to figure out that the loss was coming from the clear acrylic reservoir tube, via a crack where it screws onto the pump base. I gently put a paper towel around the area to catch any random drops (it’s not near any critical components).

Part 2 is that when the computer is idle, the paper towel is bone dry. It’s when I game that it starts to lose liquid. Today, I ran a title for a few hours and looked over at the reservoir. It totally got my attention. The paper towel was completely damp! The title was pretty demanding and just by putting the back of my hand on one of the radiators, I could tell that things were cooking...

This may be an obvious question. But does anyone know if there’s a rate of expansion issue that would cause the crack to open, when things get toasty and contract when not? It’s the only explanation that fits the pattern. Or could it be viscosity?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, i am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the reservoir. I need you to write an email to info@alphacool.com
If you can include some photos it would be awsome. We will replace the reservoir asap. Please do not forget to check your flow rate after installing the new reservoir. Thank you.

Integr8d

Hi, i am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the reservoir. I need you to write an email to info@alphacool.com
If you can include some photos it would be awsome. We will replace the reservoir asap. Please do not forget to check your flow rate after installing the new reservoir. Thank you.

Thank you. I did. Have not received a reply, as of yet.