Unable to open fittings on Eisbaer LT120

dpyro

Hi, I'm trying to add a temperature fitting and swap around some tubes. I'm completely unable to open any fittings though on the LT120 both on the pump/cpu block and the radiator. In fact, the only fitting I could get loose was one side of a quick disconnect pair. The manual seems to warn against using tools but I am completely unable to loosen any other fitting. In fact, the fittings are so tight I just scratch out the coating if I use a pump plier and try to turn it left (counter-clockwise). What am I doing wrong? Are these kits not meant to be disassembled in any way?

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 17

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, are the screws really so hard tightened? If yes i would say you can use tools but please be very carefull. Of course this kits can be disassembled and the system can be expanded. Just try carefully to unscrew the connections please.

bufulo

I was also unable to remove the brass fittings without using pliers. Wrap the fittings with a rag to prevent scratching them up too much. The paint is delicate and brass is a fairly soft metal so it scratches easily. If you're a young whippersnapper, it's probably that your hands are too weak because nobody does manual labor any more. Although I'm pretty old and still had to use pliers.

bufulo

If that reply was for me, no, I don't need any parts because I'm using barb fittings instead anyway. I was just letting the other guy know he is not alone. I just had to laugh at the "finger tight" parts of the manual. I have pretty strong fingers and there was no way to removed the fittings without tools. I'm sure they are installed using tools at the factory unless Alphacool employs The Hulk.

sample

Hi! i Also had this problem. I'm trying to use pump/cpu separately in my custom loop. I read bufulo answer and will buy pliers tomorrow to unscrew fittings from radiator :) But how to unscrew the fitting from the cpu/pump, with a wrench maybe?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi! i Also had this problem. I'm trying to use pump/cpu separately in my custom loop. I read bufulo answer and will buy pliers tomorrow to unscrew fittings from radiator :) But how to unscrew the fitting from the cpu/pump, with a wrench maybe?
Yes, you need a 16 wrench to do this.