Waterblock for PNY RTX 4070 Ti XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X

cprumsey

Suggesting a waterblock for the PNY RTX 4070 Ti XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X.

Note, I'm willing to send my GPU, if that will help get a block made for it. I cannot find any manufacturer making a waterblock for this card.

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but we don´t have a compatible water block for this GPU in our assortment and no interest to produce a water block for this GPU.

cprumsey

It looks the 4070 ti reference block should fit with the exception of the top part of the PCB where the fan and light headers are would not be covered by the block. That part of the PCB would be blocking the terminal ports on the backplate side of the block. So either a couple of flush screw plugs in those ports or a swapped out terminal for one without ports on the back should work. That's what I am going to try in the next week or so when the parts come in.

cprumsey

The liquid cooling block arived today and I can confirm that the 4070 ti Reference Block does fit perfictly on the PNY RTX 4070 Ti XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X card, with the exception of only using the front/bottom ports. The ports along the backside line up with the fan and light header portion of the card, so you cannot put a fitting on that side. The plugs that come with the card fit well on that side without conflict.

cprumsey

Photos should be attached here.

Attachments

• PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 5.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 5.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 15
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 1.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 1.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 2.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 2.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 13
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 3.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 3.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 0.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 0.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 15
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 4.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X 4.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 15

cprumsey

Here are some stock images of my GPU.

Attachments

• PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X Front.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X Front.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 6
  • XLR8-RTX-4070-Ti-12GB-VERTO-EPIC-X-Triple-Fan-B-top.jpg
    XLR8-RTX-4070-Ti-12GB-VERTO-EPIC-X-Triple-Fan-B-top.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
  • PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X Back.jpg
    PNY XLR8 RTX 4070 Ti VERTO EPIC-X Back.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 5

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Thanks for the pictures. We will check them and if we don`t see any possible issues, we will put it on the compatibility list :)

shoguntapl

Photos should be attached here.
Hi, just wanted to ask how is it working? Does this cool anything that should be cooled? currently im thinking about building CLC but it was a problem with the gpu block, looking at your photos it looks fine, can you provide me some benchmarks temps of the gpu?

cprumsey

The block works great for the PNY RTX 4070 Ti XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X. I haven't had any issues with it so far. Even when gaming on my most demandinmg AAA games the GPU temp will stay below or at 60 deg C. Less demanding games will stay in the 40 deg range. But those temps will depend greatly on how effecient your cooling setup is. Overall I think this is my best GPU setup I've ever had. The footprint is tiny, the graphics are great, and the cooling seems way better than what I had with my 2080ti. The only thing of note is that the board on the GPU sticks out a little where the fan and light headers are. That section of the board does block the ability to use the ports on the top side of the card (when inserted directly into the motherboard)/back side of the card (when vertically mounted). But you will still have the in and an out ports available on the bottom/front side.