Watercooling CPU 1700 - Help for purchasing

edoardoz

Hello,

I'm doing my first build with watercooling. It's hard for me to make an order because there are too many parts to keep in consideration.

Here is my build specs:

CPU: I5-12600K
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC
MOBO: Asus Prime Z690-P D4
CASE: Lian Li Dynamic O11DX

I want to watercool my cpu, but thinking to add GPU in the future, so I need an efficient pump.

This is my idea:

RESERVOIR: Alphacool Eisstation DDC
PUMP: Alphacool Laing DDC310
RADIATOR: Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm radiator V.2
CPU BLOCK: Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora RGB

FITTINGS:
- Alphacool Eiszapfen 13/10mm compression fitting G1/4 - Chrome sixpack

TUBES:
- Alphacool Eisrohr 13/10mm PETG 80cm - 4pcs

OTHERS:
- Alphacool Eiswasser Crystal Clear UV-activ 1000ml
- 4Pin Y-Cable to 3x4Pin PWM
- Tools for bending/cutting
- Filling bottle

What I need to buy more?
- RGB Controller? I need one ore i connect directly to the MOBO?
- Drain system to empty/cleaning water? What pieces I need?
- RGB Fans?
- Something else?

Thanks

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Fans.... depends on you, we offer the Alphacool Rise and Lux Pro fans. You can choose what you want. The best fans we offer are the Rise fans. Draining port..... depends on where you want to mount it. And that depends on the space you have. There are different solutions. But you need a 2-way ball valve and some more fittings and maybe a TEE-adaptor.
For bending you need a silicon insert with a diameter of 10mm, a pip reamer, a saw and a heat gun. A simple bending tool like this would be enough: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/hard...e-bending-tool-12-14mm-and-16mm-black?c=20645
And maybe some aRGB cabels to connect everything. And yes, ou can connect everything on your mainboard.

edoardoz

Fans.... depends on you, we offer the Alphacool Rise and Lux Pro fans. You can choose what you want. The best fans we offer are the Rise fans. Draining port..... depends on where you want to mount it. And that depends on the space you have. There are different solutions. But you need a 2-way ball valve and some more fittings and maybe a TEE-adaptor.
For bending you need a silicon insert with a diameter of 10mm, a pip reamer, a saw and a heat gun. A simple bending tool like this would be enough: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/hard...e-bending-tool-12-14mm-and-16mm-black?c=20645
And maybe some aRGB cabels to connect everything. And yes, ou can connect everything on your mainboard.
Thanks for your answer.

I've added this for the draining:

1 x Alphacool HF 3-way connection terminal G1/4 inner thread
1 x Alphacool Eiszapfen 2-way ball valve G1 / 4
1 x Alphacool Eiszapfen double nipple G1/4 outer thread to G1/4 outer thread
1 x Alphacool Eiszapfen screw plug G1/4

Is it ok?

To add lights to the Eisstation i've added:

2 x Phobya LEDready 3mm to 2Pin

How do I connect this 2 leds and the Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora RGB to the motherboard? What cable do I need? Can you link to me? Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Why that screw plug? Eisblock Aurora has normal 3-Pin aRGB adaptor. If you have a normal aRGB controller on your mainboard, its easy to connect. If you have only a 4-Pin RGB controller on your mainboard, than you need a seperate aRGB controller.
For the 2-Pin LEDs..... uff.... I have never used anything like this in my life, so I honestly don't know. Maybe a colleague can help here.
@Thomas_S
Any idea how to use the 2-Pin LEDs?

edoardoz

The screw plug is for aesthetic to close the 2-way ball valve.

Here is some info for the leds from the user's manual. As I can see there is 1 ARGB and 1 RGB header. The 2-pin I don't know...

1652948699277.png
1652948807246.png

Also for the pump, where is the control for the speed?

1652949059980.png

Because there is only 1 for the AIO, is this? The pump can have multiple speeds? Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
For our aRGB stuff you have to use the Gen 2 Header. The 4-Pin RGB Header is not compatible.

The pumps has a 3-Pin connector for reading out the rpm. For power you need to use the 4-Pin Molex (bigger connector). You can put the small 3-Pin connecter where you want. No current is drawn via it and the pump is not controlled via it. Only the speed is read out. Actually, you don't even have to connect it if you're not interested in the speed.

Tha 2-Pin LEDs.... don`t buy them. You can only connect them on some special very very old controllers. I asked a few guys here. Normally, these LEDs are also available with a normal 3-pin fan connector.

Last edited:

edoardoz

For our aRGB stuff you have to use the Gen 2 Header. The 4-Pin RGB Header is not compatible.

The pumps has a 3-Pin connector for reading out the rpm. For power you need to use the 4-Pin Molex (bigger connector). You can put the small 3-Pin connecter where you want. No current is drawn via it and the pump is not controlled via it. Only the speed is read out. Actually, you don't even have to connect it if you're not interested in the speed.

Tha 2-Pin LEDs.... don`t buy them. You can only connect them on some special very very old controllers. I asked a few guys here. Normally, these LEDs are also available with a normal 3-pin fan connector.
Ok thanks! I'll proceed with the order :)👍