white deposits on surface of reservoir pump

genfoch01

Hi,
I used Alphacool Eiswasser - Premixed Coolant - Crystal Blue - UV Reactive in my loop.

Its been about 3 months and I am seeing a white build up on the surface of my reservoir. see attached pictures.

I pulled a sample of the coolant out to compare it against some unused coolant and was not able to see a difference.

looking at the pictures you can see some white deposits floating on the top of the reservoir and on the sides. this almost looks like mineral deposits.

I flushed the radiator with distilled water for 6 hours before setting up the loop. then filled with distilled water and ran with it for a few days. then drained the loop and replaced the distilled water with Alphacool Eiswasser

I can't be the only person to have this issue, this is my first water cooling loop so I was hoping you could give me some information on how to proceed.

the build up seems to be getting worse over time.

1) do you have any idea what this is and what to do about it?
2) I did not use a biocide as I thought the Alphacool Eiswasser would have that already was I mistaken ?
3) I am under the impression I should be able to use Alphacool Eiswasser for about a year before needing to change it, is this correct?
4) help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope.

components in my loop :

corsair XD5 reservoir/pump combo
corsair XR5 360 radiator
corsair XC7 cpu waterblock
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper
XSPC FLX plasticizer free soft tube
NOTE: this computer is running 24/7

Attachments

• IMG_2808_small.png
    IMG_2808_small.png
    902.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2810_small.png
    IMG_2810_small.png
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2812_small.png
    IMG_2812_small.png
    966.8 KB · Views: 3

Onslau

have same issue i think on my eisbär aurora and no one can say what this is , then i asked for a replacement after i get the new one i will send them back the half broken aio , they said no and now iam sitting here with 0 solution

Attachments

• aio1.png
    aio1.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-04-18 185331.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-18 185331.png
    62 KB · Views: 2

genfoch01

have same issue i think on my eisbär aurora and no one can say what this is , then i asked for a replacement after i get the new one i will send them back the half broken aio , they said no and now iam sitting here with 0 solution
it does look eerily similar especially my last picture. ( i wanted to read the email you attached but my German is not that good. )

Onslau

Hello Mr Hellmig,

we do not offer an advance exchange. Since we can't see any defects on the photos either, we would only need the Eisbaer for a check to be able to check whether there is a defect at all. If there is a defect, we will repair it or, if this is not possible, replace the product.

What I can offer you would be to purchase the same product from our shop and send us the defective one upon receipt. If we find an error, we will refund you the purchase price. However, if we did not find any error, we would send the product back to you and you would have 2 products in this case.

Onslau

iam pretty pissed of no one can say me what this is and should i ignore this , is it dangerous or just normal on the clear spot coolant looks fine no algues etc it looks milky , and acool just wrote this other like enermax send new ones without problems acool has my reciepe its 6 months old clearly under garuantee

Onslau

what i want is first a new one then i send in this one with my reciepe etc i dont want to wait 2 weeks or less if i get no solution , then this is my last aio for the rest of my life 200 eurs for crap and a service that is hilarious

Onslau

they cant see anything what a joke :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-18 183555.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-18 183555.png
    420.4 KB · Views: 2
  • aio1.png
    aio1.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 2

Onslau

I Marked the clear spot and the milky one milky one said trüb clear its the square and now tell me if you can see it xD

genfoch01

I Marked the clear spot and the milky one milky one said trüb clear its the square and now tell me if you can see it xD
yeah I can see it. looks a lot like my issue. I am hoping someone here may have seen this before and point me on the path I should take. the sample of the fluid I took out looks clear. I have no idea what I'm seeing.

Onslau

lets hope it gets anytime away lets wait for acool to answer here because my support was kind of blind and stupid

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi @genfoch01

The Eiswasser Crystal Serie is just colored liquid, without any additives against Algae or Bacteria, but this isn´t the problem in your case.
The deposits in your system look like simple deposits caused by evaporation of the water and are absolutely harmless. This is normal, especially at high water temperatures. Should they bother you, you should be able to simply wipe them away with a tissue. As for the longevity of the liquid, I'm sorry to disappoint. All coloured liquids, especially pastel colours, are pure show and modding liquids and should not remain in the system for too long. The colour particles contained in them always settle over time and can damage components such as pumps and also clog the fine cooling fins of the coolers, which is why the system must be regularly maintained and cleaned.