XFX 6800 merc 319 black

Voxxx

I have received this message from XFX support and my question is to alphacool, do you make a water block for the xfx 6800 merc 319 black or do you not?

8/16/2021 4:05:18 PM By erik@xbez Type:2
All 6800 MERC cards have the same PCB currently, however that could always change in the future, but a change like that usually would result in a new part number.

For your particular card, model number RX-68XLATBD9, its always been the same PCB. Which would be the bottom PCB in the link you shared: (shown below):

1629724447793.png

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Right now its not on our To-Do list. So we will not have a cooler in the next few month for it.

Voxxx

OK, so this advertisement saying that you make custom waterblocks for the xfx rx 6800 merc 319 black is untrue, correct?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI There,

as you can check in our configurator we have an water block for the XFX6800 Merc319 in our assortment.
1629811928277.png
But as you can see XFX is using two different PCB Layouts and we only cover one of it.

Voxxx

You are misunderstanding the diagram and the explanation from XFX. The XFX 6800 merc 319 Black has 1 PCB

Voxxx

so in fact the waterblock made by both alphacool and bykski, if the rep from XFX is correct which I imagine he is, is only compatible with 1 of the 2 pcb's for the 6900 xt and 6800 xt, NOT the 6800

Voxxx

Oh no you don't. This isn't my confusion, this is your advertisement and your gpu block. I'm not confused.

Compatibility:
- XFX Speedster MERC319 Radeon RX 6800 Black, 16GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP
- XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6800 XT Black Gaming, 16GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP
- XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6900 XT Black Gaming, 16GB GDDR6, HDMI, 2x DP, USB-C
- XFX Speedster MERC 319 Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultra Gaming, 16GB GDDR6, HDMI, 2x DP, USB-C

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI @Voxxx

the water block is also compatible with the RX6800 as long as it using the correct PCB Layout. I personally know that XFX has used both PCB layouts, even for the 6800 in the past, because I have seen it by different customers. It can be that they are now changed it and are only using one PCB layout but this is something only XFX development department is knowing.

Voxxx

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I just noticed this reply, amd am still seeking clarification. So what you are saying then, is that the XFX rep that I cut and pasted his statement from is incorrect? And that the xfx 6800 black merc 319 has had more than 1 pcb? Cuz they are saying that it hasnt.