Alphacool Waterblock/AIO for 7900XT/XTX planned ?

Zetrol

I have now received the Merc 310 waterblock, just had a quick go-through and everything seems to be included.
Will mount it as soon as my ordered 7800X3D have arrived, I just want to split and redo the water loop once if possible :)

Attachments

• IMG_4161.jpg
    IMG_4161.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3

Marc-eting

Marc the Marc-eting Guy
Staff member
As you can see, we care about you guys (y)
However, the mass of pre-orders is so large that we unfortunately could not immediately provide everyone with a cooler.
We are sorry for all who have to wait and we understand your disappointment! We also want you to get your cooler as soon as possible.
We are doing everything we can to realize this 👏

BelzebV

Come potete vedere, ci teniamo a voi ragazzi(y)
Tuttavia, la massa di preordini è così grande che purtroppo non siamo riusciti a fornire immediatamente a tutti un dispositivo di raffreddamento.
Siamo spiacenti per tutti coloro che devono aspettare e comprendiamo la vostra delusione! Vogliamo anche che tu riceva il tuo dispositivo di raffreddamento il prima possibile.
Stiamo facendo tutto il possibile per realizzarlo👏
Hhahahhahahaha, i'm laughing so hard, 1 the guy only posted one photo, which means nothing, you bragged about 300 cnc machines, like all pc gamers put the board under custom loop, how many pc really mount a waterblock? 1 in 500? stop it, apologize, for the time and money you made people lose, personally you are done with me.

Aliau1987

As you can see, we care about you guys (y)
However, the mass of pre-orders is so large that we unfortunately could not immediately provide everyone with a cooler.
We are sorry for all who have to wait and we understand your disappointment! We also want you to get your cooler as soon as possible.
We are doing everything we can to realize this 👏
One post don't means pferde schiss.

What are you guys, 3 year's old lemonade stand?

We out here waiting for an extra 8 weeks like your CNC machines are located in Mars.

I expected better from a German Company.

Aber das war voll zu viel zu verlangen.

:cautious:(n)

Aliau1987

I have now received the Merc 310 waterblock, just had a quick go-through and everything seems to be included.
Will mount it as soon as my ordered 7800X3D have arrived, I just want to split and redo the water loop once if possible :)
Good on you Bro, looks like you won the German lottery!

Dont forget to post us your temp and OC numbers :cry:

Try to compare difference from Air to Water. On Air I get 2850MHz, no undervolt 60% fans 55° gpu and 75° hotspot temp in Warzone 2.

Last edited:

masterskop

Glad to see it!! Please post temps asap when you can! Would love to know. Let us know, if you are using some sort of brace/support for it as well.

Zetrol

Glad to see it!! Please post temps asap when you can! Would love to know. Let us know, if you are using some sort of brace/support for it as well.
I will share data and pictures.
Main focus with my custom loop is to make the computer quiet even in high load situations, meaning that I will keep my fans at relative low speed (140mm, max 900rpm) in all situations (which is not possible with Merc310 air cooler with 400-450w powerdraw during longer periods).

Just got a message that my last part have been sent (7800X3D), should be arriving tomorrow, aiming to rebuild the computer during this weekend if that goes as planned.

DarknightOCR

My block for the merc also arrived yesterday.
tomorrow already mount and see the differences in temps.
EVC is already prepared :)

Zetrol

Some quick results, lowered temps by 15-20c core. About 12-13c hot spot compared to air cooler with 60% fanspeed (noisy).
My computer is now silent even longer high load situations, all fans at 700rpm :)

##Updated values for Benchmark stressing:
Stock OC-mode# Core: 40-42c Hot Spot: 64-67c
With 15% powerlimit with OC: 44-45c Hot Spot: 70-72 (stress test peak: 75c)

I guess I could lower the temperature a bit with better thermal paste (Provided was hard and bit challenging to spread), but I am happy with the results (quiet a hassle to replace it for minor improvements)

Attachments

• DSC00290 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00290 - Copy.JPG
    990.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

DarknightOCR

first start with the Subzero paste that came, it seems to me that it is not in conditions.
very difficult to apply and quite "hard".
in the future I will exchange for another, but I still chose to mount and see.

temps in the core, in default in an XFX are in the order of 45ºC, the hotspot in benchmark with 15% TDP goes to 86ºC

I'll leave it like this this week, but possibly I'll change the thermal paste.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
@Wausch
we are expecting a small delivery via airfreight in a few days for this water block. If we can fulfill your order with it I can´t say. For this you have to contact our support directly. They can tell you when you can expect your delivery.

Aliau1987

Finally got My block spent 4 hours to mount it.

Results are good.

360 Radiator push pull configuration
Power +15 equal 400 - 460W ingame
Clocks 2900 - 3070 mostly on the 3000 side in WZ2
GPU temp 50 max
Junction temp 75 max
Vram junction Temp 70 max
undervolt 1100Mv

Card loves the WB.

I recommend if you ready to wait 2 month for delivery LOL.

;)

Last edited:

BelzebV

Finally got My block spent 4 hours to mount it.

Results are good.

360 Radiator push pull configuration
Power +15 equal 400 - 460W ingame
Clocks 2900 - 3070 mostly on the 3000 side in WZ2
GPU temp 50 max
Junction temp 75 max
Vram junction Temp 70 max
undervolt 1100Mv

Card loves the WB.

I recommend if you ready to wait 2 month for delivery LOL.

;)
after 2 and a half months of waiting, i decided to get it in china, it arrived in 13 days, so we leave.
CATASTRIOPHIC junction temperature, original air cooler works better, core temperature ok, 40/45 degrees, hotspot temperature 85/90 degrees, tested with, mx6, mx5, gc gelid extreme, and thermal grizzly, wb failed at best, worst of the stock air cooler, luckily it's refundable, I've already asked for a refund. NEVER ALPHACOOL AGAIN, I'm just sorry I waited 3 months, for a horror like this.

devinbaines

My Eiswolf2 for the 7900XTX MBA arrived today!! It's installed and performing like a champ. It was ordered 3 months and 2 days ago, so quite a wait, but now my card can run cool and quiet. No hotspot trouble here. Patience paid off. Now if the tubes were only a bit shorter :(

masterskop

Mine is finally in the U.S. at customs for a week :) At least I know it's here in the U.S. Hopefully, I'll get it by this next weekend and test it out. :)