Alphacool Eisblock GPX #11681 installation?

Hemuli

Just a quick question regarding installing this Eisblock to my Nvidia RTX2080Ti FE card.
Manual shows on step 5, that only 4 screws are needed to screw the PCB to the waterblock. No screws around the GPU chip area.
IMG_2696M.JPG

Step 7 shows that to screw the backplate in place, 7 screws are needed:
IMG_2697M.JPG

Step 3 shows that there are actually 8 screws around the GPU chip:
IMG_2698M.JPG

Now the question: Is there room between the PCB and the backplate to screw 4 closest screws to the chip (to ensure proper contact between the block and the chip)?
Alphacool homepage under this product (german site) has a video where "Igor" is using the inner screws (ok it is not the same block and he is not using the backplate: Product page

Hemuli

Additional question related to the RGB connector. This is 3-pin connector, my mother board has 4-pin RGB connector (one pin is 12V and others are named R, G, B.
I have not been able to find information anywhere from Alphacool homepage that what are these pins, should I connect it to RGB connector in motherboard and leave the 12V as it is?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, yes you do fix the block on the graphics card first with the 4 screw to install it (as you mention for the proper contact between the GPU and the block). The second question is a function of the mother board where you should check the manuel carefully and right we do not give such informations about main boards. .