alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro heat issue - 2080 ti

Lowrater

Hi everyone

So, i've got myself a 2080 ti FE edition, and bought a used alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro (8 month old) for my 2080 ti of my friend. The temperatures at idle is fine at 28, but when i start a benchmark, the card frys it self to 75-84 quickly in a 7-10 secs, which i don't find ideal.

1. The card has been re-mounted and checked with the guidelines
2. The pump is in my pump header on motherboard, without any profile (Disabled for constant 12V).
3. The fans for the radiotor is connected to chasis fans on the motherboard, with an active pwm profile.
4. Setting the fans to 100% doesn't change anything with active temps on benchmark.

The temps (idle):

1584003489939.png

The PC build:

Specs:
asus z370-i gaming motherboard
i9-9900k with nzxt kraken
2080 ti FE with alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro
32gb RAM 2333mhz
2 x 250gb SSD
1 x nvme ssd 1TB
850W PSU
Fractal design nano S case

pc_buildPNG.PNG

The block:
White pads = 2mm
Purple & green = 1mm

IMG_0742.JPG

Paste use: Thermal grizzly paste

IMG_0741.JPG

plate_1.PNG
plate_2.PNG

plate_3.PNG

For the pump sound: Pump sound video
For benchmark test: Benchmark

I assume i don't need to refill the thing, since it cools it down shortly to 30c when quitting the benchmark?

Kind regards
Lowrater

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Thank you for the post. The pump does not sound very healthy and i think there lies the problem. Please write an email to info@alphacool.com and lets see what we can do for you. may i ask where you are from?

Lowrater

Hi Again

Thank you very much for the new pump. I'm looking forward to test it!

On the other hand, i’m unsure how to dismount the tubes from the existing pump. I don’t know if I searched wrong, but I don’t find a manual. They are quite tight.

Do you have any suggestions? :)

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, glad to hear that you have received the new pump :) if the screws are too tight you can use tools but please be carefull ^^

Lowrater

Hey, glad to hear that you have received the new pump :) if the screws are too tight you can use tools but please be carefull ^^

I'm still having issues. The gpu goes still to 84-90c.

The pump is working alright. But, the pump also makes strange noises depending on the tube direction.

Normal setup: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BdmL1SoGWNdTVNcRDDpKOKLtdfpA9p62
If i reverse the case: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wh5qa9NizBZWYlVBKtk1o1NNiwllu-mF
The gpu temps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b8JFYlokTCjAW-ZQeya4b7gAe7Ux2Uh2

I don't feel any 'water vibration' in the tubes either. I wonder if it needs a refill or something is blocking the water inside.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi You can use distilled water or our ckc or Ultra pure to refill the system. Here is a Video how to refill the Eiswolf systems.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Your radiatore should also have a fillport. We offer UPS Express or Epress Saver for foreign countries but the shipping cost are very high. I would recommend that you purchase some distilled water in a near store. it would be faster.

Lowrater

Your radiatore should also have a fillport. We offer UPS Express or Epress Saver for foreign countries but the shipping cost are very high. I would recommend that you purchase some distilled water in a near store. it would be faster.

It doesn't have any hole. Only the openings in the middle of the tubes.

Well.. Everyone delivers first next week. I want to use my system as quick as possible, so whoever can deliver fastes is the winner here.

Which one of those is the fastes delivery? It says 1-3 days on the shop.

1584459614093.png

1584459564854.png

Last edited:

Lowrater

Dude the pump is running dry :( you need to fill the system really

I also tried changeing the tubing rotation. Now i can feel water going through the pipes. BUT, only the one to the far right. That means the OUT is vibrating the water out, and the IN for the water does not. Shouldn't i also feel something on the IN tubing? Because if the OUT re-uses the same water and never get fresh water from IN then it keeps heating the same water which makes it hot.

we both agree that the change of tubes can’t be installed wrong. and I don’t think I overtighted it

Now the temps said 73c, but still raised higher. It took 2-3 minutes this time with this orientation. So.. the tube direction does make a difference.

Before:

pc_buildPNG.PNG
Now:
pc.JPG

I will go buy some water and try unplug the IN in the middle to see if anything gets out.

Last edited:

Lowrater

So here is an update.

ive opened the connectors between the gpu block and the radiator. I holded the switch down in the RED connector from the radiator and turned on the machine to see if any water actually pushed out. And only a little bit came out, and then nothing.

So.. something is not right. The pump is new, so it can’t be that unless it’s defect as well. So is there something stuck from the radiator OUT (red).

and to verify that there isn’t any hole in the radiator, you can see this video: Radiator check also looked behind it, and nothing. So my only guess is to unmount the tube on the radiator it self in order to get access to refilling?

so I did it. I filled the radiator and shaked it while everything is connected instead of the end back to the radiator. So from point A to point B water ran through. So.. what is going on?

looking forward to hear more.

Last edited:

Lowrater

Update 3.

I've filled as much distilled water as possible to close the loop and the radiator. Then shaked it. After that,i ran heavy Unigine heaven benchmark on extreme, and get max 68-70c now in 30 mins. BUT, only by putting the radiator fan speed to 100% now.

1584473680655.png

Is this as it should be, or is it still bad? I do think it's an progress, but i hear people have 50-60c on extreme. that's still 10c too much.

I did however change the fans to noctuas fans, and i can't imagine the fans with the radiator setup is the only way to go?

Game test with 5120 x 1440p 120hz, 50% fan speed :
----------------------------------------------------------
BFV - Ultra settings = 55-59c
Doom - Ultra settings = 73c
Borderlands 3 - badass settings = 75c
GTA V - Ultra settings = 50-55c
The devision 2 - Ultra = 60c

Last edited: