Alphacool Laing DDC310 defect

YoXax

New member
On 23.03.2026 I ordered Alphacool Eisstation DDC incl. Alphacool Laing DDC310 from alphacool.com. Today after reboot (after about 13 days of uptime I think), the pump seems completely dead, I cannot detect any movement.

It's connected to a 4-Pin Molex, the 3-Pin cable is not connected. I tried plugging into a completely different molex cable, didn't help. I rebooted about 10 times while debugging the problem. Not sure if there's anything else I could try.
 
I can hear a faint regular tick coming from it, every 2-3 seconds (3x in the attached video).
 

Attachments

  • VID_20261004_153051057.zip
    789.5 KB · Views: 1
Try connecting the 3-pin connector to the motherboard and check whether you can read the pump’s RPM. This should give us a clearer idea of what the pump is doing, as it does seem to be doing something.

If it only starts briefly and then stops, which is what it sounds like, you’ll probably need to have the Eisstation replaced. To arrange this, please contact the shop where you purchased it directly.

That’s understandably very frustrating.
 
It's 0 RPM, and now I do not hear the click sound at all.
What changed is yesterday I disconnected the two GPUs from power so the liquid is cold ambient air temp like 23C, maybe that's below some limit that determines if the pump runs or not.
 
No, this has nothing to do with the outside temperature or the water temperature. In this case, the pump is simply and unfortunately defective. The clicking sound was already an indication that it was not starting properly.
This is usually caused by the motor winding being broken somewhere, so only part of it receives power. In that case, it may click, but the pump does not spin. This happens when only individual poles receive power and the rest do not.
I will spare you the full technical explanation, as it would be a bit more extensive. But to me, this sounds like a complete failure that you cannot fix yourself.

You will not be able to avoid replacing it. Sorry.
 
Back
Top