Custom water cooling for Palit RTX 3090 GameRock - Help

michal89chz

The absolute upper limit is 60°C water temperature. Please do not exceed this temperature, otherwise the components may be damaged. The radiator with a thickness of 30 mm is not the problem. We also use them in our GPU AIOs and they work perfectly. A 360mm 45mm radiator only really makes sense in push/pull configuration. One question, how many rpm do your fans run at?

All 3 rad fans are at 1200 RPM, anything more than that is too loud for me on Aurora fans. With 60C on GPU my water temps are 52c in the pump (2900RPM) and ambiant is 28c

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
@michal89chz, as already mentioned, a stronger pump or more radiator surface could help. Can you send a picture of your loop?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Another possibility would be to reduce the number of quick-release fasteners and only use TPV hose & fittings there. Otherwise, the setup looks fine.

michal89chz

Another possibility would be to reduce the number of quick-release fasteners and only use TPV hose & fittings there. Otherwise, the setup looks fine.
Is this ok to check temps of water in the pump reservoir when system is running? (unscrewed reservoir cap)

I do use Commander Pro temp diode and device.

Thanks

Thomas_S

Staff member
Yes System should be running. Our sensors are not much different from yours.

michal89chz

Yes System should be running. Our sensors are not much different from yours.
I am just wondering how to put sensor diode in the reservoir and close the cap. Inside water has 50c +, outside on the wall of the reservoir 40+c but this is on 400w load (4k + RT NO DLSS)
Ambiant today is 30C.

Thomas_S

Staff member
Please do not measure with the diode in the water, but directly at the radiator at best. But one more question about the radiator? Where are the 3 fans for it?

michal89chz

Please do not measure with the diode in the water, but directly at the radiator at best. But one more question about the radiator? Where are the 3 fans for it?
That will not be temp of water but of radiator... 10c less as minimum if not much more.
3 fans are pushing out the air and noctua dh 15 chromax that is below them is cold always.

Thomas_S

Staff member
A member of staff here in the company records his water temperature in this way and has had good experiences with it. A radiator is not significantly warmer or colder than the coolant flowing through it ;-). Otherwise we would have the Alphacool Eiszapfen temperature sensor Plug G1/4 - Deep Black to measure the water temperature.

I have also spoken to our support team. In the end, the temperatures are not worrying. Just your ambient temperature of 30°C can play a significant role.

One approach would be as follows:
- a more powerful pump or/and
- another radiator
- replacing 2 quick couplings with tubes plus fitting

michal89chz

I have 50+ C water in reservoir, 35c on the rad, difference is quite big, ambiant temps will go down, at the moment is hot in UK but not for long.
Thanks for advice regarding hoses.
Last question.
What temps under full load are normal for 3090 and Eiswolf 2?

michal89chz

If limit for components is 60c then I believe as water has direct contact with them I should trust to temps directly from the pump reservoir :)

Thomas_S

Staff member
There are no fixed values. Nor can there be, as every system is different (environment, hardware, structure, etc.) Your GPU temperatures are fine. If you were to form an average from the experiences of users here in the forum with similar setups as yours, the water temperatures would be between 42°C and 45°C under load.

michal89chz

There are no fixed values. Nor can there be, as every system is different (environment, hardware, structure, etc.) Your GPU temperatures are fine. If you were to form an average from the experiences of users here in the forum with similar setups as yours, the water temperatures would be between 42°C and 45°C under load.

Yeah but I have two readings... 30 C+ from rad and 50C + directly from water. If I have to trust to temps from water then I am ''near the border of 60C'' but if from rad then I have a lot of headroom.

Last edited:

michal89chz

Yeah but I have two readings... 30 C+ from rad and 50C + directly from water. If I have to trust to temps from water then I am ''near the border of 60C'' but if from rad then I have a lot of headroom.

After 1 hour of gaming in 8k I have 65C on GPU,
60C in water tank and 42C on rad. Scorching hot like for WC I would say.