Custom water cooling for Palit RTX 3090 GameRock - Help

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
@michal89chz
when your system runs a few hours your water temperature will be nearly identical everywhere with a few degrees lower after the radiator. 65°C on your GPU is okay under full load but your water temperature is critical. The only thing to lower it is more radiator size or better air flow. Yur case is not the best one for water cooling because of the front and top which is minimizing the air flow. Since you have removed the top the main problem should be removed. The only things I can see to improve your water temperature is, as my colleague already told you, to increase the radiator size, more water flow. Alternative you can try to run the system with an open side panel. If this will lower your water temperature you can assume that the air flow in your case is still to bad.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
You can measure the water temperature on every place you want. Most customers are using two sensor. One on the reservoir and one after the radiator.

michal89chz

Ok, I will get then ST 30 480mm.
Shame that I had to spend so much ?, this loop should not be considered for 3090 at all and recommending this is a mistake.
Thanks anyway, have a good day.

michal89chz

After radiator swap from ST30 360mm and aurora fans to corsair xr5 420mm and noctua A14 140mm fans my gpu with 500w bios is max at 50c and water at 35c (temp sensor inside water tank)
1000RPM :)

ReLApS

After radiator swap from ST30 360mm and aurora fans to corsair xr5 420mm and noctua A14 140mm fans my gpu with 500w bios is max at 50c and water at 35c (temp sensor inside water tank)
1000RPM :)

What? So it is this bad the ST 360mm rad? Omg... i should change it too?‍♂️ the temps are quite big and i am a little worried about. Thanks for the info

michal89chz

st 30 360 is ok up to 250 -300w.
Xr5 420 can easly handle 400+.
XR5 420 is not only longer and wider but also denser and fans are 140mm instead of 120mm, all of this makes big difference

Last edited:

michal89chz

What? So it is this bad the ST 360mm rad? Omg... i should change it too?‍♂️ the temps are quite big and i am a little worried about. Thanks for the info

I believe you are using this:
''AlphaTube TPV and Alphacool HF''

What are your water temps at full GPU load?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Thomas_S should not recommend any setups - wasted money.
Hey, please be fair. You've gathered the recommendation here in the forum without asking in advance or providing me with information about your system. With this information, the recommendation to work with more radiator surface would have been made in advance.

michal89chz

Hey, please be fair. You've gathered the recommendation here in the forum without asking in advance or providing me with information about your system. With this information, the recommendation to work with more radiator surface would have been made in advance.

You have recommended 360mm rad with 120mm fans for 470w Gamerock 3090 and that should never happen in any case, not only I had issues with this setup.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can aslo handle over 1500W with a 360mm radiator. Depends only on your airflow.... rpm of the fans. I have also a setup with a 360mm ST30 radiator ~500W waste of heat. Its possible and not a problem. It is not a super silent system and the fans are running with ~1200rpm.

michal89chz

Yeah, water and 99999999 rpm fans. This makes sense. Recomend whole setup at first place and then tell to replace hoses, pump rad and fans...feck it, never again alpha$hit. Have a ''good'' day.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1200 rpm max with 30° room temperature.

You choose a setup that was not created for your system and now its our fault? Interesting.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Correct, I created an "Eiswolf 2" like loop at the request of the user. In the end, we replaced the quick-release fasteners with TPV tubes and the corresponding fittings. All free of charge & to the complete satisfaction of the customer (see #15). You have adapted the setup under different conditions, your ideas are not fulfilled, but we would certainly have found a solution for you that leads to the desired goal.