Eiswolf 2 - 3090 - issues with the installation

Heg_Fin

Hi all,

So i installed the Eiswolf 2 AIO for my KFA2 3090 SG (oneclick). Installation was quite easy, however i forgo to fit the blend of the gpu where the display cables are conntected and where the GPU is mounted to the case (apart from the PCI-E). So there was quite heavy sag on the GPU which i then supported with some things in order to keep it straight. When i then tried to remove the Card again in order to install the the bracket, i could not remove the card. The latch seems stuck and i can't push it down for some reason. Apart from the latch i can take out the card, but there it seems to be stuck. Due to the big cooler i can't reach the latch on the other side, so i'm stuck.
I mean, the system is running ok, and apart from coile whining in Forza Horizon 5 it is exactly what i wanted (a quiet solution for the 3090). i've now ordered a GPU support so that i have a proper way of reducing the sag.

I'm quite hesitant to apply force to remove the card because, as you know, it would be expensive and very hard to come by a new card. So maybe you know something that might help? i added some pictures where you can see the almost hidden "latch" of the pci-express slot.

I know it is not primarily an issue with the Eiswolf, however i would have probably go on about it differently if the manual had included also the mention to re attach the blend. I also missed a part on how to connect the pump and where.

Attachments

• 20211107_233023.jpg
    20211107_233023.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 14

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I also know this problem from large air-cooled cards. This small lever is often covered. The only thing that really helps is a fine flat-blade screwdriver. When you loosen the card, you have to press the lever down lightly with the screwdriver and pull on the card at the same time. But don't pull with force, just pull very lightly.

Heg_Fin

I could remove the card, so that has worked. I could not apply the bracket on the end where the display inputs are. Probably something where the design of the KFa2 and the Eiswolf do not align. atleast that is my guess, because i could not keep the bracket on to mount the eiswolf. I think this should be added to the compatibility list.

Another thing is the coil whine i have now, but i guess there isn't much i can do against that. I have it only in very demanding games so far (Forza Horizon 5, Horizon zero dawn).

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I find this a bit strange, as this is the first time we have received such feedback here. We never had a problem with it. There are special Intel specifications that we adhere to and that the board manufacturers also have to adhere to. This looks to me more like Asus is outside the specifications. But it's hard to really determine that spontaneously from a picture and without measuring.