Eiswolf 240 GPX pro for 5700XT M01 + NZXT H510 case = High Temps?!?!?!

DGinUK

flipped the radiator, temps still the same but I now know that the pump, fans and radiator are in the correct orientation (y)

i'll have a look for some fans and try and sort something out

DGinUK

hi

managed to get a B-ware Eisbear 120 CPu cooler. was wondering if i should run this on its own or connect it to my Eiswolf 240 GPX pro ?

advice would be much appreciated

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I would connecto both all the time. More water in one loop.... better heat distribution on the radiators. But try it out... i mean, its easy to connect both and disconnect them to check out what works better for you.

skocks

I'm using same card and cooler and I'm also seeing those high temperatures. I'm using using FurMark to test the GPU.

I chose to use the Eiswolf 240 GPX pro for 5700XT M01 since with the default cooling system of my 5700XT anniversary edition my PC shut down when playing games like State of Decay 2 or VR.
Unfortunately the water cooling did not solve my problem of heat shutdowns.

Undervolting does help most of the time, but still having shutdowns especially with Star Wars Sqadrons in VR.

I can't show my thermal pads and paste, since I got no thermal paste at hand.

Regards,
Sebastian

Attachments

• start.JPG
    start.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 5
  • reaching_100C.JPG
    reaching_100C.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 5

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
This temperatures are not usual and too high. Before we can say anything we need a photo of the prints from the pads and paste. If you want we can send you some thermal paste and pads so you can deinstall the block to see the prints and shoot a photo. After that you can replace the old ones.
Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

DGinUK

I'm using same card and cooler and I'm also seeing those high temperatures. I'm using using FurMark to test the GPU.

I chose to use the Eiswolf 240 GPX pro for 5700XT M01 since with the default cooling system of my 5700XT anniversary edition my PC shut down when playing games like State of Decay 2 or VR.
Unfortunately the water cooling did not solve my problem of heat shutdowns.

Undervolting does help most of the time, but still having shutdowns especially with Star Wars Sqadrons in VR.

I can't show my thermal pads and paste, since I got no thermal paste at hand.

Regards,
Sebastian

hi

might be worth getting some thinker thermal pads for the memory (i think mine were like 4mm thick) as i felt the supplied ones where too thin. get some paste too and check how it looks (too little or too much) . what case are you using too? my NZXT 510i has really bad air flow so will be getting the dermal out to fit a grill at the front :)

DGinUK

So I marked up and did some cutting..... Results prove NZXT case was large part of issue.... GPU core 50c and junction 89c after running stress test for 3 mins. Fans running at 800 rpm so quite really.

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_180254_009.jpg
    IMG_20201103_180254_009.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20201030_205350_699.jpg
    IMG_20201030_205350_699.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 13

Redulon

Okay. Lets see.
You should not use bigger pads. You could loose contact in other sections of the card.
This Cooler has water cooling for the GPU and mostly Aircooling for the other parts.
Your Radiator and the front part of the card will need a constant airflow.
A friend of mine has this card too and is getting 45 / 65 degree in a custom loop on a 360mm radiator.
With a 240mm it could get 5-10 degrees warmer, with a good airflow.

And nice work with your Case!

Redulon

Rebuild the cooler on the Card, with the original termalpads.
Mount the cooler and remove it, to check if everything has contact.
Perhaps So thing is bend a bit because of the thicker pads?

If everything is fine, try to let a fan blow some air over the card during the test and look if this is making things better.

Last thing you can do is check the airflow thru the radiators, if you can't check the watertemps and waterflow in your system. U can use a piece of toiletpaper or something like this.
Look if and how much it moves behind your radiators...

skocks

This temperatures are not usual and too high. Before we can say anything we need a photo of the prints from the pads and paste. If you want we can send you some thermal paste and pads so you can deinstall the block to see the prints and shoot a photo. After that you can replace the old ones.
Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay, but I was quite busy aside from gaming/pc building.

I won't say no, if you'd send me the paste and pads, so I can open the card. Please PM me for the details.

Thanks for the offer.

DGinUK

Rebuild the cooler on the Card, with the original termalpads.
Mount the cooler and remove it, to check if everything has contact.
Perhaps So thing is bend a bit because of the thicker pads?

If everything is fine, try to let a fan blow some air over the card during the test and look if this is making things better.

Last thing you can do is check the airflow thru the radiators, if you can't check the watertemps and waterflow in your system. U can use a piece of toiletpaper or something like this.
Look if and how much it moves behind your radiators...

big fan of using toilet paper to check air movement :)

DGinUK

just a quick (ish) question..... cooling as been ok, was wondering if i swapped out the watercooler on 5700XT with this...

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acetal GPX-A AMD Radeon RX 5700/5700XT

i know this cooler has no pump so i would need to sort but will this cool RAM and power to 5700XT?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sure it will cool all important parts like GPU, Ram and vrm and a few other less important parts on it like vrm for the RAM.