Expand an Eisbär loop with an Eisblock

• Thread starter Deleted member 1600
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1600

D

Deleted member 1600

Hi, it's me again. I have an important question.

Since the GPU block is nickel-plated, which coolant should I use? I have already bought distilled water. I haven't assembled the complete loop yet, so I still have time to do things the right way if need be.

Could you please advise me?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes i can. Please add some anti corrosion fluid to distilled water like the one on the link below to be on the safe side;

D

Deleted member 1600

Yes i can. Please add some anti corrosion fluid to distilled water like the one on the link below to be on the safe side;

Hi, thank you for answering. The fluid is already on the way.

What I have noticed now, is that I don't have any O-Rings. I guess I have to order some. Could you please tell me how many I need for my GPU block? Just 2 (for the tubes) or 4 (2 for the tubes, 2 for the plugs)?

D

Deleted member 1600

Hi, thank you for answering. The fluid is already on the way.

What I have noticed now, is that I don't have any O-Rings. I guess I have to order some. Could you please tell me how many I need for my GPU block? Just 2 (for the tubes) or 4 (2 for the tubes, 2 for the plugs)?
My bad, I've found the O-Rings, 1 for each tube. I also have 2 caps, each with 1 O-Ring, and each wich 4 extra ones (nice!).

The strange thing is that the GPU block kept leaking a tiny bit, so I've added 1 extra O-Ring to each tube and now it's running without issues (tested 2 hours). Is that normal?

D

Deleted member 1600

Anyway, the loop is finally completed and everything is running fine. At last I don't have to hear the GPU fan ramping up, because the temperatures are low.