GPU Watercooling for XFX AMD RX 590

Thernel

Hi,

I recently purchased an XFX RX 590 graphics card and am annoyed by the noise it makes. I have therefore considered installing a water cooling, but I can only select ASUS and Powercolor in the GPU configurator. Does this mean that AlphaCool watercooling is not compatible with this graphisc cards?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, yes this is true most of the blocks from the 57X 8 and 9 series are EOL and we do not produce them anymore. Do you have the possibilty to shoot a photo of the PCB without the original cooling on it? We could check the other blocks and try to find one which fits your graphics card.

Thernel

As this would void the warranty and I would have to reassemble and waste a pack of thermal grease without knowing whether or not this helps me getting a water cooling system I really want to avoid doing this. If this is the only way I’d probably rather go AiO even with all their drawbacks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I can understand you totally it is not 100% sure that we would find a block for this card. And yes you will loose your warranty :(

ccounotte

Hello, I own 2 XFX RX 590 (in 2 PCs) and I would like to know if you have a watercooling that would be compatible with them. So here are PCB pictures from top/bottom of the card.

Thanks for your time.

back_small.jpg
front_small.jpg

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hello, I own 2 XFX RX 590 (in 2 PCs) and I would like to know if you have a watercooling that would be compatible with them. So here are PCB pictures from top/bottom of the card.

Thanks for your time.
Hi, no, we did not provide a cooler for the card.

ccounotte

Hi, no, we did not provide a cooler for the card.
Thanks, I know there is no standard cooler for that card, but referring to reply from Metropolis34 on Oct 25th 2019, I was hoping there was a cooler that could be compatible with that RX 590 card, hence provided the PCB pictures of it as requested on that day.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
I understand. ;-) However, we are now 3 years & 2 Nvidia generation ahead :). Sorry, I would have really liked to help you.