Is "Eisbaer 360LT" enough to cool CPU and GPU? (Compatibility and extra parts to buy)

Maddenguy

Dear Alphacool,
I'm going to buy a Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 Cooler. I intend to cool my CPU (Ryzen 9 3900x) and GPU too (Radeon VII). So, i came across with a couple of questions:

1. Is the pump of this AIO enough to cool both the CPU and GPU effectively?

2. I already have a GPU with a EKwb water block installed. Will it be compatible with the Eisbaer 360LT? (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-radeon-vii-copper-plexi)

3. If yes, what extra parts do i have to buy in order to extend the loop?

4. Do i have to worry about corrosion etc?

I'm sorry if i asked anything completely stupid/irrelevant. I'm a total beginner regarding watercooling. I hope you can help me out! Thank you a lot in advance!

Attachments

• radeon vii.png
    radeon vii.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 2
  • eisbaer.png
    eisbaer.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
About your questions

1. Should be, yes. But if you built the loop, check it. I am not sure how restrictiv the EK block is. But i think it will work.

2. The block has G1/4" threads.... so, yes :)

3. You need only the Extension sets and some liquid.
Extension set 1 with straight fittings: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue...er-gpx-extension-set-schlauch-und-anschluesse

Extension set 2 with 90° fittings: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue...px-extension-set-900-schlauch-und-anschluesse

4. No. Our radiators and coolers are made by full copper. And the EK block has also a copper block.

Stupid questions dont exist, only stupid answers.

Maddenguy

Thank you a lot for your reply Eddy! Finally I’ve cleared some things up :)

Should I fill up the existing loop with just deionized water?

Maddenguy

My Eisbaer 360 LT cooler has arrived and I have already installed it. All good.
The extension set has arrived too, but I didn’t install it on my GPU yet, since I had hard time filling it up. To make my life easier, i got a small reservoir.

So, my questions are :

1. What other parts do I need to get in order to connect the reservoir to the loop? (Fittings? Extra tube? What size?)

2. Is there any specific order I have to connect them? (To remind you, I have a the Eisbaer LT360, the GPU with EKWB waterblock, and the small Tank (Reservoir))

Thank you a lot in advance!

Attachments

• E7B80D7E-ECDE-4C48-9ACA-333E04E5B437.jpeg
    E7B80D7E-ECDE-4C48-9ACA-333E04E5B437.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
  • F6EBAABC-03F4-48E2-979E-F4ED133893B7.jpeg
    F6EBAABC-03F4-48E2-979E-F4ED133893B7.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 1

Maddenguy

I can not find the extension kit right now. I'll have to but tubing and fittings from a local store.
What size of tube (10/13mm?) and fittings will i need?

Maddenguy

I can't find anywhere those sizes (since they are custom made by alphacool).
Will i have any problem if half of my tubing will be 13/10mm mixed with the extension kit?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
11/8 mm is a normal size. In the past a lot of people are using it for the complete DIY loop. But now the most are using 13/10 or 16/10 mm. And no, its not a problem to mix sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

you do not have any problems if a part of your system is made with 13/10mm tubes

Maddenguy

Thank you, i have connected everything in the loop, except from the reservoir.
Eisbaer 360 LT though my CPU and GPU block. Unfortunately, I'm not that satisfied with the temperatures.

Question:
Will the LT pump be able to handle an extra 120 or 240mm radiator on the loop? What would you recommend?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
This temps are hihger than they should be no doubt. An additional radiator will be too much for the pump i am affraid. If you want to add any other component to this system i would recommend to go for a stronger pump with reservoir.

Maddenguy

Oh i see. Thanks for letting me know. I just got a spare reservoir. Do you think it will have any impact on the temperatures if i add it in the loop?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I dont think it would effect the cooling capacitiy that much. More fluid in the system does not decrease the tepmperatures. After you run your PC for a while the liquid gets hot too. You need an additional radiator.