ISD Imperial Stardestroyer PC Buildlog

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
Moin ( north slang call Plattdeutsch) from Germany to all , here I wanted to show you again that the ISD was created and that also accompany with a bit of text.
At the beginning there was a Russian Revell model that I enlarged by a factor of 2.5.
As material were available with wood and polystyrene.
I quickly realized that in the superstructure wood already reaches its limits and I already started to combine wood with polystyrene.
Since the thought went off that the head must be removable because of the fiber optic cables and the LEDs.
The engine unit was also tricky but with some brooding to master.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
When this was designed as such, it was to further improve the shell.
For this I have already glued as the Harrower a 0.5mm polystyrene layer with pattex on the wood.
Because this is so softened that she does not look nice, I then applied a second with Revell needle glue.
The whole thing could not float and the base for it had to be built sometimes fixed.
At the same time I had to come up with something because the sponsors wanted to show their hardware on the GC, which was a matter of course.
So it had synonymous for a joint construction ago that does not exist.

Then it went on with Resin.
I have taken original parts in Giessilikon created a form and reproduced with Resin.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
Then my wife justifiably had problems with the kitchen and I finally got my giant cellar. This then got a shelving system and a huge table to build :)
I was able to get started there and continued to work without getting in anyone's way :)
As the hardware came I could also see if everything fits as I had imagined.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
It was diligently glued on and a locksmith of my trust consulted for a tripod that I screwed onto a stone slab.
On it I wanted to have a death star optics, which I still find very cool today.
When the hardware had its place holes for the fans were drilled.
In this project, there was also a 7 inch monitor, which should be hinged.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
After that came the annoying topic of engines.
I also had to brood, tinker and glue a bit more and to understand how it used to be done at Lucas Arts.
The imemr cast Resinteile was also sanded and glued.
The polystyrene plates are scratched and glued as matt.
Then came Alphacool into the game with a lot of great technique.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
Details, details, details, the bridge finally had to be finished and luckily I knew someone who knew what Lucas Arts used to do for the shield generators.
It is hard to believe but it was Russian glass crystal buttons for cabinets: D
Time also went on with the engines.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
The constriction stood as such now so finally the fiber optic cable and LEDs could be used.
If I recall correctly, something over 600 holes have been drilled and fitted with fiber optic cable and glued.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
The next step was to equip all of them with LEDs, to lay the cables properly and to energize them.
You're probably wondering why they all look so far out, but these fiber optic cables are finally turned off after painting.
In this case it was then a few more rounds with airbrush.
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
Then I was told to build a box that is important for transport and I built a box.
Well and then I got an exhibitor pass and needed no more box :(
 

Attachments

AC_Andreas

Moderator
Staff member
Then I was allowed to make my way to Cologne to Gamescom 2018 and present the good piece.
I was overjoyed when it stood and worked in the Vetrine.
Today I can proudly say that the ISD is at Alphacool.
I'm not a hunter-gatherer, I love building and am glad that Alphacool wanted him and he can be seen there by anyone and not stand alone in the corner with me.
 

Attachments

Top