Memory temperature with Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 with Backplate (Reference)

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hey,

same here Ram-Temps are near 100 Degrees while mining on my Suprim x 3090‘s.

Dear Alphacoolians, would you mind launching an watercooled backplate as your competitor did? I would take 2 … even be your “Beta“ Tester ?

Greetings from Germany
Marek
Active backplate for Suprim X 3090 will come! ;-) Planned for the 1st quarter of 2022!

SSJB_7

I have the same issue, is it wise to try thicker thermal pads and/or in more spots? the thing i am not sure is that thermal junction is for sure only at the back of the card or is there a case to be also in the front despite the active water cooling?
I am asking as to disassemble and wait 2 - 4 weeks for new thermal pads is not a viable solution at the moment, so any information would be much preferable and appreciated.
Forgot to mention that my temps at 5 mins are easily go to 110 C thermal junction and core is ok at 50 C, card immediately start throttling.
Even I am trying to hold it at 104-108 thermal junction at 85 % power with ambient at 12 C, imagine summer was immediately throttling.
I have 2 same cards the other is not throttling at all.

Thomas_S

Staff member
I have the same issue, is it wise to try thicker thermal pads and/or in more spots? the thing i am not sure is that thermal junction is for sure only at the back of the card or is there a case to be also in the front despite the active water cooling?
I am asking as to disassemble and wait 2 - 4 weeks for new thermal pads is not a viable solution at the moment, so any information would be much preferable and appreciated.
Forgot to mention that my temps at 5 mins are easily go to 110 C thermal junction and core is ok at 50 C, card immediately start throttling.
Even I am trying to hold it at 104-108 thermal junction at 85 % power with ambient at 12 C, imagine summer was immediately throttling.
I have 2 same cards the other is not throttling at all.
Have you checked that the thermal pads have sufficient contact with the components? A picture of your PCB with the marks on the pads would help solve your problem.

Kazuacata

HI, same problems here, i Write them an e-mail, no answer yet... (i have also attached them pictures with the pads how they requiest in other threads on this formu) I have an Aorus rtx 3080TI Xterme... today i spend 70 euro only on pads...12.8Wk 1.5,mm 1mm, 2mm . First try was the 1mm pads... no luck on memories.. 96 degrees, then 1.5mm, gpu not touching the plate good, so 1mm again, 93 degrees, and then i replaced the backplate 2mm 3x3 that came with the kit .

Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm , and now the memories at 88 degrees.

Now i'm waiting a solution from alfa if not, i will return the kit and i will request also my money for the pads... I see they also pm- other members and they give the solution to replace the pads with corect ones from their pockets, how is normal in my opinion.
This is marks .... from alphacools pads

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 17

Thomas_S

Staff member
HI, same problems here, i Write them an e-mail, no answer yet... (i have also attached them pictures with the pads how they requiest in other threads on this formu) I have an Aorus rtx 3080TI Xterme... today i spend 70 euro only on pads...12.8Wk 1.5,mm 1mm, 2mm . First try was the 1mm pads... no luck on memories.. 96 degrees, then 1.5mm, gpu not touching the plate good, so 1mm again, 93 degrees, and then i replaced the backplate 2mm 3x3 that came with the kit .

Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm , and now the memories at 88 degrees.

Now i'm waiting a solution from alfa if not, i will return the kit and i will request also my money for the pads... I see they also pm- other members and they give the solution to replace the pads with corect ones from their pockets, how is normal in my opinion.
This is marks .... from alphacools pads
When did you write the email? Have you also checked your SPAM folder? It may well be that your card is affected by Nvidia's package problem (enclosed is Igor's contribution as an explanation if not yet known).

If this applies to your card, then you will of course receive the required pads free of charge. So far, no one has had to purchase the required pads. But, our support must know - if you buy & try the pads in advance, then it is your own responsibility.

Kazuacata

hi, i just received an e-mail from your colleague. it tells me that this happens... so no answer for my problem.
What is the next step?

Hi ,
did you check if all thermal pads have contact with the water block. Unfortunately it can happen, due the well known package problem from Nvidia, that components like the memory doesn´t have contact with the water block.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/geforce-...water-and-air-coolers-so-heavy-investigative/

Have a nice day.

Bitte beachten Sie dass wir uns 10 Tage an unsere Angebote gebunden fühlen.

Please note that we shall remain bound by our offer for 10 days

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regard

Tim Lambrecht

Service & Support

Telefon/Phone: +49 531 28874-0 Durchwahl/Direct dial: +49 531 28874-14

Fax: +49 531 28874-22

E-Mail: t.lambrecht@alphacool.com

MSN:

Homepage: http://www.alphacool.de / http://www.alphacool.com

Forum: https://forum.alphacool.com/

Hier finden Sie unsere Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen und Datenschutzerklärung

Thomas_S

Staff member
hi, i just received an e-mail from your colleague. it tells me that this happens... so no answer for my problem.
What is the next step?
Did you send the pictures? Or linked the post here? My colleague needs the pictures for the evaluation. If not, please reply to the e-mail again and send the pictures of your thermal pads that you have already used here in the forum.

Kazuacata

he tells me that the temperatures are normal... . After changing my back pads and added plus backpads the meories are now on 76 degrees C .
So i am waiting your backplate with water cooling to work on my aio that I purchased.

Thomas_S

Staff member

Thomas_S

Staff member
I doubt 3090 can be cooled passively properly. See some Alphacool competitors are water cooling the backplate too...
We've recently started doing that too ;-) We have active backplates for some 3080/3090 models!

Kazuacata

Thomas_S

Staff member
You can integrate them into the Eiswolf 2 relatively easily with the help of our extension sets via the G1/4" connections of the active backplate. The active backplate is mounted in the same way as the standard backplate.

Manual -> https://www.alphacool.com/download/...e_Backplate_3080-3090_Gaming-Eagle_Manual.pdf

Alphacool_Eisblock_Aurora_GPX-N_Acryl_Active_Backplate_3080_3090_Gaming_Eagle_1022251_05.jpg

Kazuacata

ths, so only this 2?

any liquid needed? how do i refill?
THX