Msi 3090 Gaming X Trio Block

AlexanderV

Since the question has already been asked, I'll just tag along, if that's ok.
Made an order last month for the msi gaming x trio 3090, initially saying that it was supposed to be in stock on the... 25th or 26th of october, forgot the exact date.
On said day, I was refreshing the page (you know, it usually says estimated in stock on date x), until it suddenly said "out of stock. expected available in 10-11 days". Emailed Alphacool to ask about this, received a very short and succinct answer of " the estimated delivery date has changed to 06.11.2020. It is not only in your case all the preorders will get send approx. after 06.11.2020. "

Now... we got to 6th of november, again I was refreshing the website like a maniac, it said it was due to be available today, then that it has exceeded it's expected delivery, aaaand then... again "out of stock, expected to be available in 10-11 days". Given how clear and "helpful" support has been when i asked the first time, i'm actually torn if i should ask again about it or not. Even though I preordered, will I get mine anytime soon? I chose Alphacool's block over other companies because it was supposed to come out faster. My case was designed strictly for custom loop, reason for which right now, with blower fans on it, it always revs up close to 100% fan speed, makes a ton of noise, and I hate it.

If I am to wait yet again another 10-11 days until possibly maybe i'll be shipped one, I'm not sure if it was worth it, honestly. Have some arrived and gotten shipped already, and i'm just waiting for my turn? Have they absolutely all been delayed a few more days? Are the preorder people getting anything at all? These aren't hard questions, but I seem to not be able to get them answered....

I will wait until the 11th of november, as the staff member here said. If still nothing on that date, I'm asking for a refund and ordering from others.

Last edited:

davido_labido

We had a bunch of blocks arrive today which have been sent to customers who have pre-ordered them. We are getting as many as we can as quickly as we can and pre-orders are being fulfilled as and when we get them. Unfortunately, these seem to be a very popular block and there were more pre-orders than blocks put into stock today. There are more on the way though!

davido_labido

Not at all, we will supply all customers that have pre-ordered blocks with a block. We are just seeing a lot of pre-orders and with slow shipping at the moment they're taking longer than usual for us to get them to our warehouse and send them out.

AlexanderV

Given the stock situation with the launch of the rtx 30xx series, how some websites (including the one I've gotten mine from) showed the stocks that they have received, and how small of a percentage of the gamers use custom loops compared to the general users, is it is rather hard to believe so many have ordered.
And yes - at all; i am one of the ones that preordered, before the launch of the gpu block . So clearly you guys left the preorder option open more than you could provide.
" we will supply all customers that have pre-ordered blocks with a block " --- obviously you will supply the customers that have preordered it, we have paid for it. That's literally how commerce works... The problem here was WHEN you would do that.

The whole idea of preordering it was to receive it when it comes out, that's why we paid upfront. Not to wait until an eventual, unknown moment in the near or potentially far future.
IF one would order while the website states "out of stock, delivery estimated X", i would understand.
BUT when the website states "preorder", the expectation is to be then, or extremely close to that day that is mentioned. Not to already be delayed twice, and potentially more times in the future. Your colleague stated 11.11.2020, your website states in 10-11 days from now (that would be 16.11.2020). Already a discrepancy right there...

Most shops i've preordered different products from had a very strict, and respectable way: the preorder was possible for the exact amount that they would receive. Once that number was reached, it would say "sold out" and not let anyone order any more until they would first honor the preorders.
In this particular situation, you are not dealing with other distributors, AIBs or producers that might just promise and not deliver. No. You are the producers and the distributors themselves, with the products coming from your factories, or the factories that you have contracted for this, and thus, you should be very aware of how many are on the way, and so forth.

davido_labido

"The whole idea of preordering it was to receive it when it comes out, that's why we paid upfront. Not to wait until an eventual, unknown moment in the near or potentially far future. "

That is exactly what is happening, as they are coming out, they are being sent to customers. The problem is that we can only make so many and shipping is slower than usual, so it is having a knock on effect. It doesn't change who get's the blocks, those who pre-order them will get them before those who are waiting for them to be in stock.

AlexanderV

You misunderstood what i said, and the basic concepts of commerce, for that matter...

Okay... let me try to exemplify it:

Company X makes a product, 500 pieces. Puts it up for preorder, puts release date to 1st of December.

As soon as the 500th customer has completed his order, the website does not allow any more preorders or orders at all.
On 1st of December, 500 pieces arrive and they get shipped to the ones that preordered. As that is done, the website allows people to order with "out of stock, expected on date Y" statement, and that's that.

Let's say that the website decides to keep letting people order more. They should at least mention that the preorder batch has already been depleted. Unpleasant, but at least it would be honest.

The whole idea of preordering with a date was to receive it that date. Not in random "waves" , few get it when it was advertised to arrive, few get it in a week or two, few in another week or two, repeat until everyone has it. That's not why I paid in advance.
As of this moment, my trust in the seriousness and accuracy of information of Alphacool as a company has dropped to almost none.

davido_labido

If you do not have any faith in Alphacool as a company and wish to have your order cancelled, you are well within your rights to do. Post in the following section with your Alphacool order number and our support team will deal with that for you.

I can only give you the information I have a the moment. A lot of people are happy with getting their blocks as soon as we can get them to them, some are not happy with this. It is how it is. We would usually have a bigger supply but with current shipping problems the majority of our products are taking a lot longer than expected to arrive with us. Shutting off pre-orders now will not get you your block any quicker or get the block to customers after the pre-order receive theirs any quicker. We are working on getting them made, shipped and to customers as fast as possible.

If sales has more information (or the information has changed since this morning until Monday) I am sure they will post here on Monday. Hopefully, your weekend is better for you than your experience here.

AlexanderV

My complaint, if you would have properly read what i have said, was the fact that we kept getting postponed.
The very simple, couldn't be bothered with email that i received last time i asked alphacool directly stated very clearly that all the preorders would be shipped with the batch that supposedly arrived today. The monosyllabically simple email reply I got on my email already turned up a red flag in regards to company's customer service, but i imagined it might have been just a one-off situation.

I am just pointing out that i highly dislike sugarcoats and bullshit that's said just to keep people happy, instead of just being honest and saying you have no clue when the company will eventually honor the order that they've already received money for.

A company's word is supposed to mean something. Company's word + quality of its products dictates how the potential buyers see them and their choice in repeating business or not. Apparently, in this case, it's "take it or leave it. instead of complaining, just cancel your order".
So i will probably do that.

davido_labido

We are being honest. We are having issues with shipping currently. We are fulfilling orders as and when we get the blocks. I am not sugarcoating anything as I have no reason to, it helps neither you or myself. Nothing I will say will get the blocks here any quicker so I am being frank and telling you how it is.

You are more than welcome to complain, keep your order, cancel your order, or do as you wish we obviously would prefer you to keep your order with us. I am just giving you the information I currently have as I saw your post whilst relaxing on a Friday night and didn't want it waiting until I start work again on Monday.

Superlp12

I plan to order this block when it becomes available in a few days time. I would like to order a spare set of the thermal pads as backup. What should I order?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
We do have the pads as spare parts on the links below:

You have to check the thicknes of your block pads (0.5mm or 1mm) and you have to cut it by your self.