Msi 3090 Gaming X Trio Block

sluflyer06

Hello.

Is your terminal somehow not compatible with standard G1/4 fittings? The spec page says maximum hose size 9/13mm angled or 13/16 straight, my fittings are standard bitspower 45 degree and 90 degree 13/19mm (1/2"ID 3/4"OD) compression and I've never seen something I can't use them on.

Please clarify as I'd like to place an order but my tubing size is already set since I have all the fittings for my loop. Thanks!

Superlp12

Hi, if you can confirm with me the thickness of the thermal pad for my block{msi gaming x trio 3090} it would help tremendously as I can order the correct spare pads at the time I place the order for my block.

Bobkelso

Hello alphacool/Metroplois34,

i have ordered this block and would like to know if you provide different washers and thermal pads in case people are unlucky and get a gpu chip that is not even enough. There have been a lot of rumors about the ampere chips being even more curved than the touring.I would be very happy if you already thought of the workaround like e.g. Igor did with thicker thermal pads and washers around the gpu spring-screws. Thanks in advance and for the very kind and awesome support from you guys!

Last edited:

Superlp12

Hi, I notice that the availability status for this block has changed from 1 to 2 days to delivery unknown. So does that mean that the block will not be available anytime soon. If so this will be very disappointing. I was looking forward to placing an order. Please enlighten. Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We have tons of preorders and we get smaller deliverys every week. So the preorders get the cooler first. We are going to sent out the coolers step by step over the next weeks.

Caption84

Given the stock situation with the launch of the rtx 30xx series, how some websites (including the one I've gotten mine from) showed the stocks that they have received, and how small of a percentage of the gamers use custom loops compared to the general users, is it is rather hard to believe so many have ordered.
And yes - at all; i am one of the ones that preordered, before the launch of the gpu block . So clearly you guys left the preorder option open more than you could provide.
" we will supply all customers that have pre-ordered blocks with a block " --- obviously you will supply the customers that have preordered it, we have paid for it. That's literally how commerce works... The problem here was WHEN you would do that.

The whole idea of preordering it was to receive it when it comes out, that's why we paid upfront. Not to wait until an eventual, unknown moment in the near or potentially far future.
IF one would order while the website states "out of stock, delivery estimated X", i would understand.
BUT when the website states "preorder", the expectation is to be then, or extremely close to that day that is mentioned. Not to already be delayed twice, and potentially more times in the future. Your colleague stated 11.11.2020, your website states in 10-11 days from now (that would be 16.11.2020). Already a discrepancy right there...

Most shops i've preordered different products from had a very strict, and respectable way: the preorder was possible for the exact amount that they would receive. Once that number was reached, it would say "sold out" and not let anyone order any more until they would first honor the preorders.
In this particular situation, you are not dealing with other distributors, AIBs or producers that might just promise and not deliver. No. You are the producers and the distributors themselves, with the products coming from your factories, or the factories that you have contracted for this, and thus, you should be very aware of how many are on the way, and so forth.

I've been waiting for my RTX 3080 Trio cool block for a month. Alphacool cannot deliver but are still offering new 6800xt coolers from this week! this is fraud with calculation!
With the Next Geforce and AMD Generation, who will still order from Alphacool?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
To be honest... we have the most cooler done in our factory, our problem are the parcel services wich are not able to chip as many containers as we need out to our main Distributors. It is completely crazy at the moment what is going on in the delivery area. If you take a closer look, almost all large companies have massive delivery problems even outside the IT sector

AlexanderV

I've been waiting for my RTX 3080 Trio cool block for a month. Alphacool cannot deliver but are still offering new 6800xt coolers from this week! this is fraud with calculation!
With the Next Geforce and AMD Generation, who will still order from Alphacool?

Given their short, mono-syllable answer i received through email when i asked about this, and the forum answer i received here previously, more or less saying "take it or leave it. wait for it, or here's a link where to ask for a refund", i can clearly say that i will not purchase Alphacool products in the future. This is borderline insulting towards customers.
The "new" arrival date was supposed to have been 17th of november, 2 days ago. The website states "delivery date exceeded", and again, no signs of the block. The same excuse as always, it is crazy, delivering is hard, we have more orders than we have products, etc.
I fail to believe those things, I really do.
I also work in commerce, and DHL, UPS, GLS, all deliver as normal, no delays, no nothing. Very few, very wanted products are in a state of delay and/or sold out, but this... this is too much of a niche for that to happen.
Custom loop watercooling is still a niche, the percentage of people doing it is under 10% of all users. That being said, "tons of preorders and small deliveries"? Really? The only way that can be plausible is if they receive 1 or 2 blocks per week. Otherwise, hard to believe that a gpu which has famous lack of stock, and thus a very very few got their hands on it, has so many of those few people that received it, all storming Alphacool's preorder list, to create such a huge demand.
I mean... come on, I know a sweet little bullshit keeps the customers happy so they don't cancel their orders, i've been taught the same thing where i work, to avoid cancellations, but this is too far fetched. Been waiting, like you, in preorder, for a month, and all i see is excuses which I find too hard to believe.

As for the amd blocks, most probably amd did the same thing with Alphacool as they did with EK: they threw collaboration money at them to have them being prioritized. Because, of course, a big fat check will always be more important than your normal customers. The normal customers can be bullshitted, and they'll take it ;)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
With the delivery problems we have with the delivery services, we are not talking about the delivery from our warehouse to the customer, but about the container deliveries by ship, train or air freight from our factory to the distributors. DHL, GLS and UPS have nothing to do with this.

AlexanderV

Container deliveries imply large quantity, yet you kept mentioning small amounts weekly. See what i mean about the excuses not adding up?

davido_labido

We order containers of products, on the containers there are many small quantities of items. We have our own manufacturing so all of our products come on the same containers. We don't just order 1 container of a single product.

We might only have a single item on a container (for example when prototyping) but if the container is delayed, that single item is.

AlexanderV

Sounds about right. A container is incoming, products for our website. A ton of stuff we already have, and only 2 pcs of that new product we just launched that people are waiting for. Yep, makes perfect sense.
Bringing what's new and wanted should never be on the priority list

davido_labido

We ARE trying to get the new products in. This is exactly what we're waiting for and it si having a knock on effect with other products that other customers are now waiting for also. (for instance, check our AiO section, the Aurora range is completely out of stock and that is a massive seller for us). People are waiting for those just as much as people are waiting for GPU blocks, but if containers are not shipping as planned, there is little that we can do personally. Our logistics team is trying their best to get shipments in and we are spending a lot more on logistics than we usually would to try and get these products to customers earlier, but there is only so much they can do unfortunately.

We are happy to prioritise our best selling products if you like, you will be waiting a lot longer though as GPU blocks per card are not even close to being a top seller. They are however a product we're trying to get in ASAP.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We have a few hundreds of preorders for "every" version of "every" cooler. And we have sent out hundreds of coolers to customers. For a better understanding, in one 40 feet container fits 3500 coolers. Not more. Thats not enough in the moment for the preorders. So we need more containers with GPU coolers only and its very hard to ship them in the moment. Also the prices for container shippings have increase by 4 times because of the Container requests they have in the moment. Its a very special situation in the moment.

AlexanderV

Weirdly enough, I cannot seem to get across a single person who owns one of these blocks that we're asking for here, anywhere on social media :)
And many times, in this little forum discussion here, you've said one thing, and then later rather contradicted yourself. Reason for which it is hard to take you guys seriously...
I do believe the cost increase in shipping, that i can confirm myself. The rest... still seems like nice things said to make people not cancel their orders

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I can understand your frustration very well. We also always rely on statements from our transport companies and are then very annoyed when we get new appointments. Unfortunately, I can also understand that at some point we can no longer be taken seriously. Our whole team is really angry about the situation and I feel very sorry for our support team. That's why we decided to put all Eiswolf 2 AIOs for the RTX 3XXX and AMD RX 6XXX series online only when we have at least a few hundred in stock. We will not start any more advance sales (only for a few coming soon RTX 3XXX and RX 6XXX DIY coolers because everything is planed right now, so hard to change that.... difficult to explain the reasons). Because the whole darn situation destroys our credibility. Which of course we do not want. That doesn't do us any good.

But you can assume that when you find a picture of a cooler on social media, hundreds of coolers have already been sold and delivered. Because less than 5% of our customers are on social media or forums. That is only an extremely small percentage. Many only read, but are not active anywhere.