New Eiswolf 2 AIO for Geforce RTX 3090 Founders Edition!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Alphacool today presents the Eiswolf 2 All-in-One solution for Geforce RTX 3090 Founders Edition graphics cards. The Eiswolf 2 uses the Alphacool 360mm NexXxoS ST30 full copper radiator. For the fans, we use the 120mm Alphacool Aurora Rise. The AIO is completed by the Eisblock Aurora water cooler. This not only cools the GPU chip, but actively cools all relevant components such as the memory and VRAM. It also has brilliant aRGB lighting. All components used (radiator, fan, cooler, DC-LT 2 pump) including fittings and tubing are part of the Alphacool DIY range and are therefore available separately. The combination of all components results in a solution that is as easy to install as an AIO, but offers the performance of a pre-assembled and pre-filled custom loop.​

Technical data:

Cooler and Pump
Material cooler bottomNickel plated copper
Material cooler topacrylic
Pump typeDC-LT 2
Pump speed2600 rpm (+/- 10%)
Radiator
L x W x H395 x 124 x 30mm (+/- 3%)
Material cooling fins, prechambers &
channels
copper
Material threadsbrass
Material outer housingstainless steel
For fan size120 mm
Fans
Speed0 - 2500 RPM
Static pressure3,17 mm H2O
Air flow rate119,8 m³/h

(>>>shop offer)

FB_1022086_Eiswolf2.png

Thomas_S

Staff member
No, the backplate is not actively water-cooled. Optionally, however, you can also buy the matching active backplate (as follows):

Granville

No, the backplate is not actively water-cooled. Optionally, however, you can also buy the matching active backplate (as follows):

Thanks, I figured. I can't work out how you connect up those backplates. It looks like the same process as a custom loop?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Have you already taken a look at the manual?

The backplate is simply connected to the loop via the existing G1/4" openings or our 2x MXC adapter with 5/3mm tube.

Alphacool_Eisblock_Aurora_GPX-N_Acryl_Active_Backplate_3090_Founders_Edition_1022244_05.jpg

Alphacool_Eisblock_Aurora_GPX-N_Acryl_Active_Backplate_3090_Founders_Edition_1022244_04.jpg

Granville

yes, ive read the manual, what wasnt clear is how it would work with eiswolf 2 customers. A photo and or video of an eiswolf 2 setup would be great. I cant see any mention of eiswolf in the instructions.

Thomas_S

Staff member
The same way as for mounting the backplate on the custom cooler. The only difference is that the Eiswolf 2 cannot be connected to the 2x MCX distributors and can only be installed using the G1/4" connections. Unfortunately, there are no assembly examples for an Eiswolf 2.

Imsturm

I have bought an Eiswolf 2 for my RTX 3090 Founders Edition and wonder how you have assembled the 3 slot I/O bracket to the graphics card/water cooling block?
Because for me it simple doesn't work. If you put a bolt between the backplate and the I/O bracket holder the bolts together with the bracket holder are too thick. And without a bolt in between you cannot fix the I/O bracket.
I have simply no clue how it shall work.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
Please write to our support team by email and link to this thread (info@alphacool.com). There you will quickly get information about the further procedure.

Thomas_S

Staff member
I have already sent a message to them and hope they will send a response soon! I already lost so much time to find a place to install the radiator into my bequit Base 600 case as the radiator (Which is now scratched due to poor paint works) doesn't fit under the top cover followed by the trouble with the I/O plate. I am deeply annoyd that I have bought the Eiswolf.
If they cannot provide a solution I will send it back.

Can imagine how it works these days. Ordered in China and never been checked for compability by quality control.
And customer is forced to take over quality control. Great.
-> Hi, briefly on the subject - we carry out strict quality controls. Ultimately, you can't hold us responsible for the choice of your case. There are cases that are not particularly suitable for the installation of water cooling. There are also many other points: e.g. lack of space due to your hardware etc.... If you want to install a water cooling system, you have to plan well and be aware that the installation will be a bit trickier.
Luckily customer support responded. Well, Its not a big surprise. They are saying it's "customers fault".
The screws and bolts shouldn't be used for my card to fix the bracket. Well. Makes sense to attach them to the box and let the customer think the bracket need to be assembled by using them. Now struggeling with the 3mm and 2mm thermal pads on the back plate as the 3mm's are obviously too thick. Everyone should make their own experience but I cannot recommend this product for use with such an expensive graphics card. Too risky. Will go for thermal pads from Gelid now and hope my card will survive. If not I am sure a lawyer can better decide who's fault it was.
-> In consultation with our developer of the cooler, I must briefly veto this again, as there is indeed an assembly error in the pads. I have included two screenshots in this post (your foto & our manual). The red arrow shows how you glued the pads, the blue shows how they should have been mounted. You glued the pads to the converters, which according to the manual do not need pads! This increases the range by 3mm (now 5mm instead of 2mm). Unfortunately, this means that the planned assembly no longer works in the end. It is important to follow the manual - because this is the only way to ensure functional and technically flawless use of the cooler! That's why you got a faultless cooler. @Vanzin - fyi

1.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-24 075417.png

Imsturm

Good Morning Thomas,

It is very obvious that I need to appologize! You are right and I have to appologize about my comments.

I have quite some experience in building PCs and do not understand why I have misread the manual.

I have deleted my comments accordingly so nobody gets a wrong impression of the quality of your cooling system.
However you may leave your cmments/explanation as they may help other customers to pay special attention to the assembly of the thermal pads and I/O bracket.

Thanks a lot for your efforts to help me and kindest regards.

Thomas_S

Staff member
All is well! ;-) Mistakes happen - we were able to solve the problem & I think you will enjoy the cooler now!

Imsturm

Thank you for your understanding!

Hope I didn't damage anything as I have put too much pressure on the card and its parts.

Can I come back to the start of this topic? The active back plate cooling? I do not want to start another project right away
but can you tell me/the forum which parts exactly are needed to insert the back plate cooling system into the existing Eiswolf 2 system?
Maybe by providing a list of article numbers?
And does it fit into the Eiswolf 2 system? Is the pump of the Eiswolf 2 system strong enough to handle the back plate cooling, too?

Thomas_S

Staff member
@Imsturm, yes our active backplate will work with your Eiswolf 2 when using the G1/4" threads of the backplate. The DC-LT2 pump is strong enough for another component. Here are some parts you need:

or

Imsturm

Good Morning Thomas,

Very much appreciated! That helps a lot!
Can I ask you how you have connected the wires and the fans? Your manual isn't very helpful on it. For the moment I have connected the pump of the Eiswolf with the AOI header of the mainboard. And the fans to the fan case header. Correct?

Furthermore I wonder how I connect the additional tube to the existing one of the Eiswolf if I add the active back plate? There must be some sort of adapter that will be put in between?

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
Furthermore I wonder how I connect the additional tube to the existing one of the Eiswolf if I add the active back plate? There must be some sort of adapter that will be put in between?
... via the quick-release fasteners of the recommended extensions.

Imsturm

I have installed the active back plate on my 3090 RTX FE and it works perfect.
Running the card with ful throttle the GPU memory temperature doesn't exceed approx. 70C.
Big difference compared to the 104C before.
In addition I have purchased the 2 slot I/O bracket which is also a small but nice improvement. Just being a bit too expensive.

In order to control the radiator fans by the GPU temperature I am using "Argus Monitor". Highly recommended, too.

I can highly recommend to purchase the Eisbaer 2 right away together with the active backplate because otherwise there is a big gap between temperature of the GPU and the GPU memory.
Tubes are a bit long and it is tricky to fill up the missing water. Furthermore I needed a smaller CPU cooler with a size of 92mm.

For the future I just recommend to the Alphcool team to offer shorter tubes or maybe a set to shorten them.

But at the end I am really happy with the result and thank the Alphacool team for the givin support! Great job.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
For the future I just recommend to the Alphcool team to offer shorter tubes or maybe a set to shorten them.
If we ask 100 customers, each will say something different about hose length. 30 people it's too short, 30 more it's too long, for 30 it's perfect and the rest don't care.