Purchase advice for Rtx3090 pny cooling

Hu5o1989

ok I will read this article with the translator (I have read some articles of Igorslab, he is really one of the most competent in the world too bad he does not translate his articles more often, some terms are technical and are not translated yet very well by Google translate) however for the psu I have mount a new be quiet! straight power 11 platinum 1000w with this new build, I have no idea if it is as reliable as mine old 860w Seasonic Platinum from 2013 that still works even if it now starts making some noise with the old PC.
Now I have just finished fitting the y connectors on the Eiswolf, I am trying to figure out how to remove the air bubbles and if I have to add some coolant again but it is not quite like the Eisbaer. I would have Anyway a question about how the radiator should be placed since I mounted it on the front I mean the radiator outlets if they have to stay up or down, I know it's a stupid question but I have this doubt since it has the filler cap on the opposite side of the radiator outlets

Hu5o1989

Thank you for the advice, I am trying it now Deepl, and I understand that it must be very difficult your work, imagine that I am Italian and I try to make myself understood with English, which is not grammatically the same as my language (with almost no basic knowledge, thanks to my Italian education), on technical things from you who are German. I saw what a mess I wrote earlier and I have no idea if you understood, anyway I was asking which way I should put the radiator since I put it in front, with the pipes coming out the top or coming out the bottom

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Best would be if the tubes coming out from the bottom. <- I wrote it as short as possible. If you want to know why, we will explain it, but i am not sure if you will understand it because of the translation.
And yes, sometimes it is really funny with translations. Italien is ok, but if somebody from india wrote us a mail........ the translation from Google is sometimes really funny.

Hu5o1989

I know I'm driving you crazy with this story, but I wanted to show you how I assembled the circuit with the backplate with photos (sorry for the mess around) and compare notes to remove doubts for those who might want to do something similar:
Photo nº1 ) it was the first attempt and it works from the OUT of the pump via the backplate, and it was also the last configuration after trying configuration 2(photo 2).
Photo no.2 ) as you can see from the picture the idea was to use these Y-connectors to create a loop which I thought was better in terms of flow (but not having a proper knowledge of watercooling I don't know if I was doing it wrong). Always starting from the OUT of the pump the flow splits on one side goes to the backplate and on the other side it goes directly to the Y-connector outlet to reconnect together(backplate) and then go to the radiator. However, when I plugged it into the PC, even though the pump was running, I didn't feel like the coolant was running inside the circuit. In fact, the gpu temperatures rose immediately and the pump speed was off the scale (over 3000 rpm) so much so that I immediately turned off the PC just in case. What I saw was that the coolant inside the backplate was not moving and there was much air than before. (I'm sorry that yesterday I didn't take pictures of this configuration)Possible that I had not purged the air sufficiently and that the pump was still full of air and therefore not working properly, or in the other hypothesis that the pump supplied with the system is not suitable for the multi-flow configuration with the y-connectors and it is better to leave everything as the first photo. Honestly I would like to try again but I will first wait for your feedback if it is possible or not and for what reason not.

Attachments

• Compress_20220916_104957_7452.jpg
    Compress_20220916_104957_7452.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Compress_20220916_104958_8044.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 0

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The Y-adapter cannot work. This is called parallel flow. You can't simply divide a water flow and bring it together again, that doesn't work.

What you show in the first picture is the only correct solution.

Hu5o1989

thanks for the answer I think I have grossly understood that it is a question linked to the difference in pressure that vanishes between two flows that does not allow the liquid to circulate. Basically it is always better to make connections in series, even with a good pump. I will try to connect the Eiswolf with the Eisbaer and maybe in the future make a real custom loop by reusing all parts of the two AIOs except the pumps, the GPU cooler Is a Eisblock.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
thanks for the answer I think I have grossly understood that it is a question linked to the difference in pressure that vanishes between two flows that does not allow the liquid to circulate.
That is exactly the problem with that kind of flow configuration.