Radeon VII AIO Bricked my card! EDIT: Alphacool Contacted, Refuse to help

gstalamantes

I recently got a Radeon VII, and upon monitoring the temps saw it runs surprisingly hot. I jumped on the GPX Eisenwolf Pro, seeing that it is one of the only AIO solutions for this card.

Upon receiving the AIO and taking about an hour to safely install in an antistatic environment ( tile floor, antistatic cover, and antistatic wristband attached to earth) the card instantly bricked.

No support from Alphacool. In fact, the product was quietly discontinued with no warning of any danger due to faulty design! There is a lot of info about how this model causing damage to cards when googling "issues radeon Vii alphacool aio", but nothing directly from Alphacool.

EDIT: I was upset and overlooked the impressum on the site...

My $700 card is toast due to their negligence, no to mention loss of time and jobs. If XFX will not work with me for a RMA, I may consider legal action against Alphacool. How can they be so irresponsible!?

EDIT: Have contacted Alphacool. Metropolis34, you have been fast to reply, and honestly I really can't ask for more...
UPDATE: While it appeared Alphacool would have been helpful, support is not going to help. No confidence in these products...

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi,

I jumped on the GPX Eisenwolf Pro, seeing that it is one of the only AIO solutions for this card.
Where and when was this product purchased from?

No support from Alphacool
What is the basis of this statement? Have you tried to contact us (date-email?)and did not got any response or is there any other reason?
discontinued with no warning of any danger due to faulty design
This is simply not true. We have contacted on the 26.04.2019 every single customer who has purcahsed this block regarding refund and coverd every single damage. And after that the product was set EOL and not on sale since.

Did you refit the original cooler and tested the card again to make sure it wasnt a fitting error?

Please write and email to info@alphacool.com and we will let you know how we can solve this issue.

gstalamantes

The basis of no support come from the fact there is no contact information on your site. No emails, no phone numbers. Just a forum. A forum for support is a bad idea. Only after posting this was any contact info given. How could I even contact you guys before this?

EOL in less than a year?! Contacted everyone?! Resellers still sell the product, and without public and official announcements, you are only asking for more issues.

I will be contacting you via email

gstalamantes

You can still find them throughout eBay, Amazon. In fact this is where I purchased mine. If a public announcement would have been made by your team, this would have been avoided. Instead, the product silently hits EOL, leaving us these resellers as our only option. I can mention multiple times where eBay was recommended as where to get EOL parts, specifically by your team in these forums.

I am greatly upset, and maybe I did jump the gun a bit, but this is not how a faulty product should be handled. You can't contact all known customers and call it a day, then claim you contacted "all customers". When an automobile part is recalled, the information is public, specifically to avoid issues like this.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Look you do not have enough information and i assume you are angry and that is why you write here things like that. The first patch of that block was faulty and we called all of them immediately out of the market with contacting evry single customer who bought this block. The second version is the updated one to avoid the problem. If you read on forums carfully you will notice what people are talking about this issue and how it was handeled from our side. Please do write an email to info@alphacool.com and wait for the instructions. Thank you.

gstalamantes

I have contacted the mentioned email address.

I am upset, and admitted I may have jumped the gun. I will be dealing directly with you via email. If possible, remove this post.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
No problems dude everything is fine :) we will see what we can do for you and there is no need to remove the post ^^

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We will delet nothing because people can see how we care for problems like that. And of course you are angry, no problem. I would be angry too. And trust me... i am a bad customer for brands if i have a real problem ?

gstalamantes

After everything, Alphacool is washing their hands of the situation. This negligence has costed me $1000 in hardware, weeks of lost time, and lost jobs due to rendering times.

When items fail in the future, how can we have confidence that things will be done correctly? I sure don't.