Suitable water cooling AIO for Threadripper pro 5975Wx

Anakin

Hello,

As the title suggests I have a Threadripper pro 5975Wx. I am searching for a suitable cooling unit. So I need to be for Swrx80 (but for large server cpus) and to be able to tolerate 280w from Processor.

I am thinking of

ALPHACOOL 11774 Eisbär Pro Aurora 420 CPU 420 mm Water Cooling​

Looking forward to hearing from your team.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you have to check if the water block is compatible with your socket like our XPX Pro and EIsbaer Pro series. As a radiator I would recommend at least a St30 360mm to handle the heat.

Anakin

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, the Alphacool 11774 Eisbär Pro Aurora 420 CPU 420 mm, is for this socket. I would go for the XPX pro, but it is custom made, and I am afraid about leakages.
Would you know if this product comes with the cooling liquid inside or do I have to order it separetely?
Btw, with these AIO units, how often do I have to check cooling level, how and how to check for leakages? I never had previous experience with it.

Best Regards,

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

all of our AIO are prefilled and ready to us. I personally recommend to maintenance a water cooling system once a year. This includes to check the liquid and refill it or if needed to replace it.

Anakin

Noted, thank you very much for your information.
Should I wait for any black friday offers from your side???

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We as brand will not make big Black Friday offers. All discounts are now visible in the shop. But our main distributor Aquatuning will make a lot of discounts. Maybe worth to wait until next week.

Anakin

Hello,

I proceeded and bought from aquatuning (order 10453377,) the Alphacool Eisbaer Pro Aurora 420 CPU AIO.
Although happy at first, when I started installation of the system, I had some "unpleasant" surprises which I request your feedback.

1) The plates that you send for the TRx4 do not fully match the hole layout for the SWRx8. I had to use a dremel tool for two holes to grind ~2-3 mm each! At a previous discussion I had your team, prior to my purchase, you had verified to me the AIO was compliant with my threadripper pro.

2) When I removed the plastic film from the cooling plate of the pump, I noticed that it had a scratch underneath!!. I have attached photos of this, taken right at that time. I took it on myself and proceeded with the installation, as I cannot be left without a computer. Please verify that you do not see a problem with that.

3) The cooling fans only have a rubber spacer on one side. I needed also on the other side, so that I could choose to mount them externally from my case, pushing the air out. In the future please change this also.

4) Last but not least, at the previous conversation I had with your team, you told me the AIO was compliant with the SWRx8 and included the thermal paste too. The thermal paste you provide is no sufficient at all in terms of quantity for a threadripper pro which has a large die. I had to combine yours and another paste I had in order to proceed. Now I am stuck waiting for a new thermal paste which cost extra 25Eur..

I look forward to your reply, regarding my questions on the cooling plate!
As you can understand, my experience with alphacool was mediocre, although you had not shown these signs!

I have also sent a mail to Aquatuning, informing them about it.

Best Regards.

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_121530570.jpg
    IMG_20231213_121530570.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231213_121552771.jpg
    IMG_20231213_121552771.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 0