waterblock for 4090 Gainward phantom GS eta?

nighteagle123

Hi, I just bought a Gainward 4090 Phantom GS. I see you have your combability chart listed with coming soon for it. Do you have an eta? I want to place an order. Please put it up so I can pre order it :) Thanks in advance.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

at the moment I can´t say when the water block will be available or when we will release it for preorders. Maybe @Eddy or @Thomas_S can tell you more.

stetzen

Sorry for writing in this topic - but can you please tell if this waterblock will be compatible with 4080 palit gamerock? PCB layouts seems to be very similar between 4080 and 4090 gamerock. If no, do you have a plan to make a waterblock for 4080 gamerock?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
At the moment, no cooler is planned for this. But that doesn't mean there won't be one! Currently, coolers have to be developed for many layouts. That takes time. Besides, we did not have the confirmed layout yet. Do you already have the card? Maybe you could send us pictures of the layout (front, back, ... without cooler)?

stetzen

At the moment, no cooler is planned for this. But that doesn't mean there won't be one! Currently, coolers have to be developed for many layouts. That takes time. Besides, we did not have the confirmed layout yet. Do you already have the card? Maybe you could send us pictures of the layout (front, back, ... without cooler)?
Thank you very much for the reply! Unfortunately, I don't have a card yet, I've looked at the 4080 vs 4090 gamerock PCB comparison in this review (sorry, it is in Russian, but the photos are of pretty high quality). https://www.ixbt.com/3dv/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-review.html

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Thank you for the layouts. You can see that the 4080 GPU chip & RAMS have different dimensions compared to the 4090, which is why our cooler for the 4090 will not fit here. However, there will also be a cooler for the 4080 Gamerock. An exact date has not yet been set.

Kinkara95

Thank you for the layouts. You can see that the 4080 GPU chip & RAMS have different dimensions compared to the 4090, which is why our cooler for the 4090 will not fit here. However, there will also be a cooler for the 4080 Gamerock. An exact date has not yet been set.
In case you dont know, Gainward 4090 has same exact pcb as 4090 Palit gamerock, Full resolution picture from Gainward customer support. I also owning an Gainward 4090 Phantom, would be very much appreciated if you could make a block for those model

Attachments

• 2B969F55-E2EF-4533-AFF8-39D57D0D6B14.jpeg
    2B969F55-E2EF-4533-AFF8-39D57D0D6B14.jpeg
    550.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C194D748-1CED-49AF-A447-CC96A38F30F3.jpeg
    C194D748-1CED-49AF-A447-CC96A38F30F3.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 0