Why are there less thermal pads with my Alphacool ES 4090?

jshbrntt

I was comparing my block against the one in Optimum's video and I noticed mine doesn't have thermal pads covering the tall black components between the capacitors?

How come?

The stock cooler had thermal pads for these components as well.

Mine
image.pngPXL_20240312_204737634.jpg

Optimum's
image-old.pngimage-old2.png

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you can check the newest manual directly in our Online Shop or the printed version you have. OPtimum had a older version, where we placed pads as protection on the coils, which doesn´t have any contact with the water block. Due Customer complaints that these protections pads didn´t make contact with the water block, we have removed them, since they shouldn´t cool. Please mount the water block as intended and shown in the newest manual.

jshbrntt

HI,

you can check the newest manual directly in our Online Shop or the printed version you have. OPtimum had a older version, where we placed pads as protection on the coils, which doesn´t have any contact with the water block. Due Customer complaints that these protections pads didn´t make contact with the water block, we have removed them, since they shouldn´t cool. Please mount the water block as intended and shown in the newest manual.
If they didn't make contact, why not just ship thicker pads for the coils, so they do make contact?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you don´t want to cool coils. If you are actively cooling coils it will cause the annoying coilwhine.