Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090/3080 with Backplate (Reference) available now!

RaidZeroV

Maybe end of this month for the Gigabyte Gaming OC. 240 and 280mm Eiswolf versions? We will not offer that, only 360mm versions. The only 240mm version will be "maybe" as RTX 3070 AIO.
hey can you be sure end of this month there will be the version of gigabyte gaming oc ? what takes if you put preorder link i will just preorder it . cheers my PC part will arrive in a week so it will be wonderfull if your guys put out the gigabyte 3090 gaming oc version.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I can't be sure. There can be delays by the freight company, by customs, on the way from the port to the main warehouse, by the warehouse, etc.! I can only tell you for sure that the shipment has left the factory and is on its way to us. With Covid and the general worldwide freight problems due to overbooking, it is simply no longer possible to give exact dates.
We still have to prepare a launch for this. The duration depends on the workload for various projects. If you want to be sure, don't expect it before the middle of next month.

pdifolco

Maybe end of this month for the Gigabyte Gaming OC. 240 and 280mm Eiswolf versions? We will not offer that, only 360mm versions. The only 240mm version will be "maybe" as RTX 3070 AIO.

Would it also fit the Gigabyte Eagle (3080) ? Cards looks very similar but there may be small differences...
Really a 280mm version will be nice, performance isn't far from 360mm (because rad surface is only 10% less...)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes it will. But we will not make 280mm Versions. To be honest, if you compare sales between 280 and 360mm radiators, 280 is far behind 360mm.

pdifolco

Yes it will. But we will not make 280mm Versions. To be honest, if you compare sales between 280 and 360mm radiators, 280 is far behind 360mm.
Ok thanks
It's weird that 360mm is so much more popular, 280 is easier to mount, cost less and has comparable perfs
I do have a 280mm Eisbaer, added 2 Arctic P14s pull fans (they are super cheap and efficient) and got idle +11C full load +45C (over ambient), a 360mm don't do better ...

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Numbers dont lie ;-) 280mm radiators are not nearly as popular as 360mm radiators. You can also see this clearly in the CPU AIOs. The sales figures of the 360mm version are 2.5x higher than those of the 280mm models. Even 240mm versions sell about 1.4x better than 280mm AIOs. Same with 420mm versions. And to be honest, i dont now much cases where a 420mm fits.
At all... 280mm sells worse than all other versions except 120mm versions.

pdifolco

Numbers dont lie ;-) 280mm radiators are not nearly as popular as 360mm radiators. You can also see this clearly in the CPU AIOs. The sales figures of the 360mm version are 2.5x higher than those of the 280mm models. Even 240mm versions sell about 1.4x better than 280mm AIOs. Same with 420mm versions. And to be honest, i dont now much cases where a 420mm fits.
At all... 280mm sells worse than all other versions except 120mm versions.
Nowadays 420mm fit in many cases front (my P600S for example), but they're a bit overkill
280mm needs aggressive marketing then :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
;) Marketing only provides visibility for the products. It's like cars. If you look at the VW Group, models with the 150 hp engine sell by far the best. But they make more marketiing for high Performance cars like VW GTI, Audi S3/4/5 or Cupra. The market determines demand, not marketing. ;)
I mean.... if you compare in how many cases a 280 fits and how much cases are available for 420..... 420 cases are very rar in this compare. People get what people want.

pdifolco

Ok, back to my 3080 Gigabyte AIO, it doesn't seem possible to preorder the Eiswolf2 compatible version yet on your webstore?

Illuzionn

Hi there,

I bought the Asus Strix 3090 version of the Alphacool Eiswolf2, it looks stunning !
But I am wondering if everything's ok or not : I have a Asus Strix 3090 OC and with the original fans/cooling system, I was able to mine Ethereum at 120MH/s and keep the GPU memory junction temperature to about 98/100 celsius degrees. Not good but that's the main reason I decided to buy this product.

I suppose I have correctly mounted the AIO watercooling system (I've already changed twice thermal pads on graphics cards before, so I'm not new to dissassemble/reassemble a graphic card), everything works damn good in gaming (GPU temp and memory junction temp well below what I've got with the original fans), but while mining, GPU memory junction temperature increases to 104/106 celsius degrees very quickly (about 5mns) whereas I was under 100 all day with the original cooling system.

Any ideas what could be wrong ? Everything seems ok, the water pump leds are UP and green, the radiator and fans are OK (not really hot but kind of) but I cannot mine more than 5mns anymore whereas before with the original cooling system I could keep mining all day and get GPU memory junction temp below 100 celsius degrees everytime.

Looking for ideas or help.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
@Illuzionn can you send us pictures of your PCB with the marks on the thermal pads? There may not be enough contact between the pads and the components, which could be the cause of your problem. A picture of the whole setup is always helpful to see if there is a fault somewhere else in the system.

Illuzionn

Ok so I dissassembled it one more times and here the results :

Seems ok on the backplate side but looks like the pads on memory chips on the liquid-cooled side hadn't been fully in contact with it (no traces).
Should I replace them by thicker ones ? I have some in stock (2mm, 2.5mm)

Thomas_S

Staff member
@Illuzionn, some of the pads on the cooler are not in contact with the components. Please write an email to our support team (info@alphacool.com) and link your post here. This is probably due to the well-known package problem again. Our support team will quickly help to solve your problem.

Illuzionn

What do you mean ? I could have received a broken kit ?
I tried to used thicker thermal pads, but don't know what I've done, seems like the graphic cards works for a few minutes then stops working at all (blank screen after few seconds). Gonna find what's going on with it...

Illuzionn

Ok so I put 2mm thick thermal pads on the memory chips on the cooling system side, looks there were too thick and the GPU wasn't in contact with the cooler, so it made the card to automatically stop working after a few seconds by security control.

I changed the memory chips thermal pads to 1.5mm thickness, looks much more efficient. The graphics card works correctly in games. While mining, I got about solid 94 celsius degrees after about 30mns mining ethereum at 120MH/s. About 6-8 degrees lower than with the original fans.
So it looks like the thermal pads in your package aren't not sufficiently thick. I don't know if I can get lower temperatures if adjusting others pads, but for now I'll check for a few days if it keeps the charge.

What did you mean by This is probably due to the well-known package problem again ?

Thomas_S

Staff member
@Illuzionn

The following article by IgorsLab explains the issue in detail:

If you have a card that is affected by this, inform our support team and provide pictures, we will send you the appropriate pads free of charge. This is our approach to the issue.

Ultimately, you have taken over the work of the support team by replacing the heat conduction pads yourself and the result seems to fit.

derHolger

Is there any update for a release Date?
If I want to put this into a loop with my Eisbär Aurora 240, I dont need any extra equipment, correct?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Is there any update for a release Date?
If I want to put this into a loop with my Eisbär Aurora 240, I dont need any extra equipment, correct?
We do not yet have an exact launch date. But it will be in the near future. At the moment, customs and shipping routes are a problem again.